Octavia Vrs leaking door seals.

Yep, have the same.....much as this is an post im wondering if this ever got sorted.....but i must admit that when driving miles and miles...nothing....then oneday a drip or 2.....strange  :drunk:

I've had this once on my 12 plate vRS. It was really heavy rain in the motorway and I was getting a couple of drops coming through every minute. Will mention it to the dealers next time I take the car in and see what they say.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...

This happened to me today. Seems pretty common. But what is the definitive solution?

Sealant and lots of it! I did my passenger a couple of weeks ago.

The inner door panel is riveted to the door which is a pain. Also the plastic clips that hold the door card in are made of the brittle substance known to man and shatter if you look at them wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 years later...

When the car has been parked up in torrential rain I sometimes get a small trickle of water sowing on the plastic trim at the bottom front of the front passenger door. I thought it was leaking through the main door seal. However on closer inspection I can see it's coming from behind the door card. I assume that water is running down the glass and between the glass and seal at the bottom of the window. I haven't removed the door card to look closer yet and don't want to if I can avoid it. What, apart from the usual mechanisms, am I likely to find? How easy is it to replace the external window seal at the bottom or is there another fix?

I have a mk2 pre facelift Octavia elegance 1.9 tdi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Chris99t

When the car has been parked up in torrential rain I sometimes get a small trickle of water sowing on the plastic trim at the bottom front of the front passenger door. I thought it was leaking through the main door seal. However on closer inspection I can see it's coming from behind the door card. I assume that water is running down the glass and between the glass and seal at the bottom of the window. I haven't removed the door card to look closer yet and don't want to if I can avoid it. What, apart from the usual mechanisms, am I likely to find? How easy is it to replace the external window seal at the bottom or is there another fix?

I have a mk2 pre facelift Octavia elegance 1.9 tdi.

If it's coming out from behind the door card I bet it's coming from the seal at the bottom of inner panel.

Plumbers gold is the stuff you need. The inner panel is riveted on, so just seal around the edge of the panel, you can do it without removing the door card, just pull off the bottom.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

If I seal the bottom of the inner panel, where does the water go? Should it simply drain out the bottom of the door. Not entirely sure of the door makeup!

If I seal the bottom of the inner panel, where does the water go? Should it simply drain out the bottom of the door. Not entirely sure of the door makeup!

Yes it will drain out if the bottom of the door. There are drain holes but the rubber seal makes them hard to see IIRC.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk