mk 2 vrs very ill. could be new engine.

to be honest, I think I'm going to leave mine alone, and just get it serviced, my next service is the 30k one (I don't know when they change the plugs service wise... may be 30k anyway!)

but like martyn said "if its not broke, dont fix it!" ... I'm happy with the way mine runs, no misfires, no oil usage, biggest problem is my delaminating wheels, and I'm not holding my breath for them, as they are pretty well damaged anyway! lol.. (I should stop treating it like the S2000 ;) )

It seems I have a good one (and a 2010 model at that!) so I'm leaving well alone... :yes:

• Like 1

Looking through threads on vwaudiforum it doesn't look like the twin charged 1.4 as fitted in the bigger VAG cars like the Golf, Scirocco, Jetta, Tiguan etc with 160bhp has too many problems.

I wonder if it's the extra 20bhp or the smaller engine bay with less cooling that's causing issues on the Fabia, Polo and Ibiza.

Cheers

Lee

S o engine failure down to crappy plugs? Sooo happy for you , now the rest of get to dealers and get your replacement plugs

"skodas words unable to cope with the power and performance off car " and if you go in and mention it to the dealer they should replace with upgraded sparks. for me that was to late, ds like a tractor to the vrs was such a nice feeling...

I uprated mine. Didn't change anything.

Mine is now running the NGK BKR 9EIX in order to maintain the spark. The gaps have been really reduced as well to stop the boost distingusihing the spark. These cars area bloody nightmare lol.

I think later cars came with the updated plugs, certainly a lot of early cars having problems.

I hear more about Seat Ibiza problems then vRS and GTI ones. Maybe the Germans and Czechs make them better than the Spanish!

Dont forget the seats have been out longer than the vRS and GTI, so theres alot more of the older engines out there.

Looking through threads on vwaudiforum it doesn't look like the twin charged 1.4 as fitted in the bigger VAG cars like the Golf, Scirocco, Jetta, Tiguan etc with 160bhp has too many problems.

I wonder if it's the extra 20bhp or the smaller engine bay with less cooling that's causing issues on the Fabia, Polo and Ibiza.

Cheers

Lee

iirc there are some quite substantial changes i think between the twincharged 160hp engines so its not directly comparable. Theres different injectors, turbo, high pressure fuel pumps amongst other changes.