Have I missed something - Electric Seat Memory

Big Rich

Yes, she is a beauty. Drives lovelly.

Only issue I've got is that when switching off I get the warning Check Deadlock! see owners Manual. My wife siad that she pressed something but she cannot remember what. So not sure if she has changed a setting somewhere!

I've checked the owners manual and cannot find how to resolve this.

Ideas greatly recieved?

I think the change happened near the end of 2010. as from Memory Johann's monster doesn't display it, but mine made a month or so later does.

It is irritating but probably a health & Safety thing ... :rofl:

PS same locking and unlocking procedure.

I think the change happened near the end of 2010. as from Memory Johann's monster doesn't display it, but mine made a month or so later does.

It is irritating but probably a health & Safety thing ... :rofl:

PS same locking and unlocking procedure.

Indeed mine (thankfully) does not display it but it does lock the deadlocks in the same way with one click (which is what I and I suspect most owners and insurers would prefer). How often do you leave a human in a locked car?! So to press the lock button twice in those few situations is not the end of the world surely!

I've just discovered somehting strange with the memory seats that may explain the issues I was first having.

I have the doors set to only open the drivers door then a further click of the remote opens the rest.

Now if you just click the remote once as to open the drivers door, the seat doesn't move. But if you click the remote twice to open all the doors then open the drivers door the seat moves into the position.

Not sure if this happens for others, but it would appear to be affected be the settings of the door opening.

Explain that one if you can!!

I've just discovered somehting strange with the memory seats that may explain the issues I was first having.

I have the doors set to only open the drivers door then a further click of the remote opens the rest.

Now if you just click the remote once as to open the drivers door, the seat doesn't move. But if you click the remote twice to open all the doors then open the drivers door the seat moves into the position.

Not sure if this happens for others, but it would appear to be affected be the settings of the door opening.

Explain that one if you can!!

I have the exact same setting and both keys and I think both move the seat with one click (to only open the driver's door). Well I've never not had the seat move when it should have so will have to investigate this one, but sounds very peculiar.

• 4 weeks later...

:wall: Electric Seat memory is playing up again.

It will now not hold any memory for any setting, wife not impressed at all as she has to adjust the seat everytime. Even just saving the settings without the key fails to work.

Trip to the friendly dealer me thinks.

• 1 month later...

Well I thought I'd give you an update on this saga.

Still not resolved even after 4 visits to the Dealer. Today I've raised a case with Skoda Customer services as I feel I'm getting fobbed off.

I've read a few articles where seat controllers have been repalced and this has fixed the issue.

Fingers crossed they get it sorted.

BTW anyone else got this issue on a car buil tin January 2012 ish?

My Yeti was build last week in January 2012. The memory for the electric seat has been ok as were the settings for both keys.

My car had a recall for a software update for the electric seat memory which my dealer completed last week while I waited (40 minutes).

Not noticed any difference but obviously it must have been done for a reason. The recall number on my documentation is 70E8.

I cannot find the posting but there is a Skoda webpage where you can enter the vehicle VIN and it tells you if your car is subject to a recall / updates. The dealers can do this for you as well.

Del

• 2 weeks later...