Have I missed something - Electric Seat Memory

Big Rich

Okay, I've followed the manual and set the memory position 1 and 3 for my wife and myself respectively, I've then followed the manual to assign the two keys her's and mine.

However, when unlocking the car the seats don't move to the memory position, if you press either 1 or 3 the seat moves to the correct position

Any ideas - what have I missed? :doh: I'm sure someone here will tell me what I've done wrong!!

Assigning the remote control key to the memory buttons

After storing the settings of the seat and exterior mirrors, you have 10 seconds in

order to assign the remote control to the appropriate memory button.

Withdraw the ignition key.

Press the unlock button ? page 37, after the successful assignment an audible

signal will sound. The setting is stored with the memory button which you

have selected.

Retrieving settings with remote control

If the driver door is closed and the ignition is switched off, briefly press the unlock

button of the remote control ? page 37 and then open the driver door.

The seat and exterior mirrors now move automatically into the stored positions

Hi

My Yeti was delivered in Oct 11, and it took till last month, and two different dealers, to get the same problem sorted.

The first dealer "changed" the seat controller twice (?) and when this didn't work, suggested that the controller needed a rest and had "got confused". Even a veiled hint that I was at fault (the cheek).

I got SUK involved for weeks trying to get sorted. I eventually took it to R Eardley & Son (Newcastle Staffs) who showed some determination and traced the problem to a motor/potentiometer buried in the backrest of drivers seat. Took 4 days but worth it.

Good luck.

What I did wrong (when I got mine) was thinking there were three memories for EACH key. There isn't. In TOTAL there are only three settings. So you can only set memory 1 to a key and then memory 2 to the other. But by the sounds of it that is what you have done with 1 and 3 if I'm not mistaken? So if you did not try to save a setting 1 to key 1 and then another setting 1 to key 2 I can't help I'm afraid.

Will have to have another play when the wife comes back with the yeti from taking our daughter swimming.

This is what I did, which worked.

1. Put the key in the ignition and turn to position II so dash wakes up.

2. Set seat how you want it.

3. Press and hold memory button and a numbered button on the seat until a "bong" goes off to confirm seat memoery is set. Release buttons.

4. Immediately remove key from ignition and hold down unlock button until "bong" sounds again.

Key is then set to that numbered seat position. :)

Ta Richard. That's what i've done.

I'll try it again! later and report back.

If I cannot get it to work I'll pop into our friendly dealer Not too much of a worry as the memory is recorded just doesn't work from the remote.

Do the remotes have to be coded to the car in anyway?

No. They are as they are. If they unlock the car they are already paired with the car.

Ta Richard. That's what i've done.

I'll try it again! later and report back.

If I cannot get it to work I'll pop into our friendly dealer Not too much of a worry as the memory is recorded just doesn't work from the remote.

Just a thought.

You do realise that for the seat to move you have to lock the car, leave for a minute and then unlock it with the key which you have programmed for the other seat setting.

To check, if one key is not available, for example if you have key 1 programmed for memory 1, press memory 3 and hold until seat and mirrors in position 3. Lock the car, leave for a minute then unlock the car with key 1. Open the drivers door and seat and mirrors should move into memory position 1.

Actually, this feature could be quite handy.

I may pop out to the garage later and code the key for my wife's Yeti so when she opens the door next time to use it the seat moves so she can't reach the pedals.

That'll confuse her. :giggle:

Just a thought. You do realise that for the seat to move you have to lock the car, leave for a minute and then unlock it with the key which you have programmed for the other seat setting

Or get out and manually move the seat. Then lock and unlock the car again.

Then, when you open the door the seat will move back to it's preset position for the key.

Or get out and manually move the seat. Then lock and unlock the car again.

Then, when you open the door the seat will move back to it's preset position for the key.

Missed the obvious didn't I..... :rofl:

Actually, this feature could be quite handy.

I may pop out to the garage later and code the key for my wife's Yeti so when she opens the door next time to use it the seat moves so she can't reach the pedals.

That'll confuse her. :giggle:

You both have lecky seats?

Am I the only one who thinks all this jiggery pokery is a bit mad---just reach down --pull a lever and adjust--simples!

No, but the lecky seat gives you much better range of adjustment, and when my wife drives it, I get back to the exact same position when I unlock the car, not after several weeks of playing with the seat position.

The lecky seat will tilt the seat base up & down, front & back, and has a 2 axis lumbar support. I had the same seat in my old Octavia and wanted it In my Yeti. Luckily it came out as an option before my car was made so I was able to add it to the order.

You both have lecky seats?

Yes, they are both similarly specced. Electric seats, columbus, rough road pack, park assist etc...

Just seemed... fair.

Am I the only one who thinks all this jiggery pokery is a bit mad---just reach down --pull a lever and adjust--simples!

No. Having had the manual seats for 18 months we wanted the electric ones because there is a greater variery of seat movement and lumbar support movement. So we can get more comfortable.

The separate up/down for the front of the seat base is rather handy for supporting legs on long drives.

Not that there is anything really wrong with the standard seat.

The electric just means you can get that little bit more comfy.

Big Rich........Please post the eventual outcome.....particu;larly if a dealer becomes involved.

If you have to involve SUK...ask for Mark Cox...he's well aware of this problem.

Good Luck.

May I take this off-topic for a minute?

Richard. Congratulations on getting your Elegance today!

Can I ask you ( or anyone ) if two remotes are supplied with the car?

Regards, Lee.

Solved.

Reprogrammed the seat to memory 1 & 2 and reprogrammed remotes.

Works perfectly.

It seems that programming memory 3 and keys causes issues.

Just don't ask, i don't know why this is, no mention of it in the manual, what made me think of it was the fact the manual states start with memory 1.

Lee

yes two flip keys come as standard.

Thanks to everyone who offered a suggestion. Very much appreciated

Edited by Big Rich

Very odd indeed.

When I did mine I set it to seat memory button 3. And I've only set 1 and 3 so far, number 2 is blank.

Glad you are all sorted and enjoying the new Yeti though. :thumbup:

Yes, she is a beauty. Drives lovelly.

Only issue I've got is that when switching off I get the warning Check Deadlock! see owners Manual. My wife siad that she pressed something but she cannot remember what. So not sure if she has changed a setting somewhere!

I've checked the owners manual and cannot find how to resolve this.

Ideas greatly recieved?

Only issue I've got is that when switching off I get the warning Check Deadlock! see owners Manual.

Ideas greatly recieved?

I have exactly the same message!

(and no idea what it is)

Right...

Big Rich, I had a trawl round some VW forums and it's a recent thing.

Basically, it's the car warning you that one-touch deadlocking is activated on the key.

So if you leave anyone in the car and lock it they can't escape in an emergency, unless they smash a window.

I tested it and sure enough, if you lock the car with one press of the button you can't open to doors from inside.

Good for security, bad if you leave people in the car. Which is why it tells you.

But the main thing is, it's not an error messge. :)

I think the older models did the same, but just didn't warn you about it. But I could be wrong, they may need two presses of the button to deallock like my Ford did.

Richard