Petrol or diesel

I went over to the dealers today to sign the paperwork.

On checking the delivery promise (June) I was told "It is very unlikely to be late"

Bill

• 1 month later...

I heard yesterday that my car is built and waiting delivery, which is promised for mid month. That will be 60 days from order to delivery.

Bill

I managed 53 days from order to collection (technically) which suggests they are getting better with their delivery times.

Don't think so but it depends on a million variables. I ordered 17 June last year and I'm still waiting. It should be built this week so fingers (and everything else) crossed it shouldn't be much longer.(Elegance Est 2.0 CR170 DSG with a dozen options inc panoramic roof)

I have always felt that buying a Skoda is mildly eccentric, like voting Lib Dem or sporting a beard. So finding that the dealers are a little strange should not be a surprise.

When I bought my last Superb, three years ago, I phoned to complain about the various false delivery promises I had been given. The salesman embarked on his well used liturgy of reasons why the latest date had been missed.

Someone was passing his desk and heard what he was saying to me. They interrupted him to say the car had been delivered the previous day and was in their workshop.

I had an email from a different dealer two days ago to say my new car was awaiting shipment in Emden and would be available in a couple of weeks. I replied to thank them for their good service and relatively quick delivery.

A salesman phoned yesterday and told me that he could not understand my mail as they had no delivery information but were working on it. When I told him of my mail, he immediately apologised and said he had not been told.

None of the desks in these two dealers are more than five meters from each other. What sort of outfits are they? Don't their people speak to each other?

I have bought lots of new cars but I have never run into this level of incompetence before.

I just don't understand why there is such a big difference between waiting times.

Mine is a very standard SE, twin door, 140PS, manual. No extras except spare tyre and normal mat. And I have to wait for 4 months while others picking up theirs within 3 or even 2 months...Those ppl are ordering DSGs and 4x4s and L&Ks with much more extras than myself... This is certainly not an logistic issue.

Don't think so but it depends on a million variables. I ordered 17 June last year and I'm still waiting. It should be built this week so fingers (and everything else) crossed it shouldn't be much longer.(Elegance Est 2.0 CR170 DSG with a dozen options inc panoramic roof)