Newbie from Horsham, West Sussex

damien666

Hi there,

Joined the site today so thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Damien and I bought an 04 Octavia vRS with 52k recently as a compromise with my preggers missus. We were using a Corsa for the work run but with baby on the way needed something with back doors and a bigger boot and I wanted something with a bit of a kick. The vRS ticked all the boxes and I'm over the moon with it. Awesome car for the money. I owned a couple of 130 LSE's (No sports car I admit but such a giggle to drive in wet/snow)many moons ago and since then have had a Skoda bug itching to be fulfilled again.

Thanks for having me,

Damien.

post-87526-0-24613200-1332067381_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcomes :hi:

Pearcy93 : What did you think of the car? I loved it, obviously but after driving it for a week I've noticed that there is a knocking sound from the front passenger suspension. Looking on the forums it seems I might need to get Tempest to look at it on Monday.

Spent a small fortune on cleaning products and plan on spending this weekend cleaning, claying and waxing her til she gleams again. Tempest were a pleasure to deal with but when they said the car would be back from servicing at 12:00 and I could collect at 16:00 due to valeting I presumed a thorough job would have been done but alas no....just a bucket of dirty water and a lil bit of a chamois.

I did a summer valeting for Porsche and Audi at Tonbridge so I'll enjoy it especially with the weather this weekend. On a lighter note, when I removed the plastics in the engine bay for a jetwash and silicone I found a Forge Fast Road Closed Loop Diverter Valve and a K&N Air Filter which saves me a job. BoV sounds just right, not too loud... Gotta say I am completely underwhelmed with the stock stereo, that will be gone this weekend too..

Again thanks for the welcome <3