buying a VRS TDI CR -advice needed

Thanks for the pics- they were really helpful. I've actually found a CR version so cancelled the purchase of the PD. The pic of the cover you posted helped to reassure about this. They are saying it's £165 for road tax- maybe because of the age of the car (2008).

No, it just feels it :giggle:

That's the problem with those diesels and the big torque shove, they just feel quick for a second or two, but aren't. After the initial torque shove there's nothing left.

This is the attraction for me, in normal everyday driving the 'PD punch' arrives nice and early and disappears just in time for the next relaxed low RPM gear change, its just so effortless. The power band is exactly where I want it.

If most of the time you are at full throttle and like to rev the engine then agreed the PD isn't for you.

I've driven the CR and it is much more refined, it is quieter and the power delivery is more linear but it just wasn't for me.

• Like 1

I'm not sure to be honest :giggle:

The last 'tweak' was to the timing belt, they reckoned it was 'slightly' out, it seemed to improve things slightly but then the weather has warmed up now so I won't know for sure until later in the year.

I still love the car though so I'm hoping its a 'gud' un'! Thanks for asking mikey :thumbup: