PX value for diesel SE

john96

My se has been valued at 13.5k with 14k miles (estimated) for swap with new se in Aug/Sept. Is that about right or a bit low? Its an 11 plate and I have stated condition is excellent.

Edited by john96

I wouldn't rely on parkers etc...

Ask a few dealers and accept that they are going to need to earn £1k on any vehicle for processing it and covering overheads.

sounds low to me, and having done some "research" while selling my mother's Jazz I found that the best bid by far came from a Honda main dealer. I explored the usual on-line outlets and each offered less than the dealer.

To talk Yeti px, I had been considering exchanging my 170 10 plate, with 30k on the clock at the time and was offered by two dealers more than £18k meaning that my two years of motoring had seen a drop of only about £4000 from new.

I'd endorse BossFox and his comment - go see a dealer!

If you have savings I would also consider how easy it would be to sell privately at that price by comparing against AutoTrader prices, order a new car on DTD or equivalent and sell your existing car around the time the new one arrives. That way you'll save around 10% on your new car plus get a fair market price for your car. Its more hassle but you have a personal choice to weigh up do I mind the hassle to save a few £'000 or is the slick service and less worry a dealer will give you worth the additional money?

Also, I just checked and some of these online new car retailers will take your current car in Pex, thus making the process simpler. Not sure what they will offer you though. May be worth comparing if you're going to approach more Skoda dealers.

This is from a skoda dealer, have been shown this months glass guide by him, this model lost 800 quid last month. book price today is 15.8k but he reckons no cars are going at book price. 15k would be tops today by his reckoning. given that its another 5 months before I can sell, not sure if its too far out. However, I dont believe it will lose 800 each month between now and august, which is what he is inferring I think.

This is from a skoda dealer, have been shown this months glass guide by him, this model lost 800 quid last month. book price today is 15.8k but he reckons no cars are going at book price. 15k would be tops today by his reckoning. given that its another 5 months before I can sell, not sure if its too far out. However, I dont believe it will lose 800 each month between now and august, which is what he is inferring I think.

As soupafly says you may want to consider buying via the Internet and selling yours privately or even to a Skoda dealer for cash as there will be a healthy market in used Yetis and you will be getting a better discount on the new one. All depends if you want the hassle of selling yours just before paying for the new one. Is your dealer part x based on paying full price for the new SE?

We are in a similar position, we have got a 140 SE 4X4 with 12000 miles on the clock and have ordered a new Yeti for delivery in Sept/October, our dealer offered us £17250 for ours now ( March ) or if we wait until September a guaranteed £ 14500. We have on advice from the dealer to keep our current Yeti out of the deal, and sell it nearer the time, they reckon it will make a good price but from a buisness viewpoint, they couldn`t guarantee a higher price particularly as there was nothing left in the deal on the new one! Bearing in mind yours is a 4x2, which generally make a little less money, so the value you have been given I think is about right for a trade in.

There are online tools for selling a used car to the UK used vehicle dealer network. A bit like DTD but instead of dealers bidding against a target price to sell, they bid against a target price to buy. Take a look at Autoebid for example.

The best way is to buy from the cheapest source and sell yours privately nearer the time of delivery.

Trouble is folks don’t have the cash to buy privately and if they do they just want to knock you down.

I bought my yeti through DtD at a impressive £4k discount, couldn’t sell my VW privately so took it to a VW dealer who gave me a reasonable price and a cheque the next day.

Personally I would get a list of the cheapest on line discount you can find and take it to your dealer for the best deal they can offer for cash.

When the time comes to take delivery offer to sell them yours or take it round to other dealers.

A degree of hassle I know but depend if the priority is saving money or reducing hassle.

I phoned another skoda dealer just to get an impartial opinion. He reckons 14k is ballpark for Aug. I know the dealers have got to make money too so am not expecting cashback! lol

Reading through this post with great interest. There are lots of different opinions and ways to sell your car.

Your dealer is offering you that price now and from what i have read, they will honour that, whether the car takes 3 or 6 months?

You could do the deal without your car and look to sell it privately nearer the time or even taking it back to the dealer then as trade in and be hit harder due to depriciation.

Lee, I left a message with your firm yesterday about this! I had another chat with the salesman yesterday, and we agreed to a deal suiting both of us!! If the value goes south 3 months before delivery, I can bail out then. So I am happy with that!

Ordered a bronze se, which as some may remember is what I was trying to get last year!!

Thanks for comments.