EGR CLEANING

hi there guys,am planning to clean my EGR,inlet manifold,throttle body..just wanna ask some pointers from guys who have actually done it and is there something to replace so i can go purchase those things before starting and what is the best liquid to clean it..thanks a lot everyone..

Throttle body?

EGR is easy enough, just a few allen screws to undo, you will soon figure out the order you need to do undo them (ie. the flexi pipe from turbo needs to be removed before you can undo the 3rd screw attaching the EGR assembly to the inlet manifold. There is an o-ring on this joint, which should be fine to recycle.

Inlet manifold - you will ideally need a new gasket - don't be tempted to clean it insitu.

I have done this several times before:

http://www.matthewames.co.uk/briskoda/index.php?loc=./20070409_egr

and http://www.matthewames.co.uk/briskoda/index.php?loc=./20100314_egr_cleaning

I used a combination of rags, petrol, toothbrushes, and washing up liquid (inlet manifold) plus my mother's kitchen sink (when she wasn't looking!)

sorry man i thought throttle is another part to be cleaned according to some topic i read here,so its only the manifold and egr that needs cleaning?any more pointers to remember?thanks a lot for your reply..

TB is for those people who use petrol, not us oil burners :-)

Job is pretty easy - some socket mounted alley keys, or an extension piece of pipe will help when it comes to undoing some of them. Otherwise there is nothing complicated.

the "throttle" will be the anti shudder flap is all in one body---when removing the plastic pipe on the asv actuator cut the pipe and reconnect or just loose the last 1/4" if you pull it will most like snap off the nipple and is hard to fix the actuator arm to flap crank will benefit from warming before removal for the same reason best of luck p.s. I found white spirit quite good

I found that when I refitted the anti-shudder valve actuator, the screws worked loose and fell out - you might want some loctite on these.