Dave's Darkness Update, and TURBO WOES.

Dave And Lolli

• 3 weeks later...

I Finally got the car up to the unit, her home for a few months.

SAM_0732.jpg

the car is sharing it's home with an old Ford Prefect

SAM_0734.jpg

It was time to see how bad the turbo actually was, an how much damage, if any had been done. Being quite a big lad, thought might be a good idea to take the bonnet off for extra room and light down the back of the engine.

SAM_0738.jpg

Next, was to get the bumper off to get access to all the bits behind it. then was to remove TIP and FMIC and pipework.

SAM_0743.jpg

SAM_0772.jpg

At this point I had a look at the turbo in place, the resulting pictures, was not creating a great picture for me.

SAM_0752.jpg

SAM_0780.jpg

This was at the bottom of the intercooler pipe, it has made it into the Intercooler, but not out the otherside which is good news, clearly caught it at the start.

SAM_0781.jpg

Couple of nights later.....

SAM_0783.jpg

we had the turbo off and broke it open.

SAM_0785.jpg

Just wear and tear to viens, no damage to them, but play. my god, there was more play than a well used Amsterdam whore.

So that's that, knackered turbo, need to decide what to go for now, as you all saw from my thread in forum, hard choice.....

On thursday I went up in my current whip, to see the car and put some bits on/up at the unit.

SAM_0798.jpg

So painful..... a 1.6 Diesel in a car that big, with an auto box. The thing is a Starship on the steering wheel column

I got these From Jas106

SAM_0796.jpg

and fitted them.

SAM_0800.jpg

I also picked up this for a pocket pleasing £43.51 from Ebay. A set of BAM injectors and fuel rail.

SAM_0797.jpg

Guest BigJase88

Supposedly r-tech have managed to push 260bhp out of the ko3s stock turbo with the help of water meth inj. So no need for a hybrid ko3s just put a standard one back on :)

• 11 months later...

Wow  :o  Nearly a whole year since I updated this.

Really Must update this.

Just a quick one, Put a std k03s from Turbo Dynamics back on.

but they gave me a 150bhp one to start, then they changed it for a 180bhp one. All was good.

But Lots has happened since then.

will try to do full update with pics and info next couple of days :dull:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   That is When I have put her back together again Mmwuahahahahahahaha :nerd:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...