Combi with Bluetooth GSM III (UHV + rSAP)

Hi Guys,

Is it worth getting this upgrade?

Telephone preparation with Bluetooth GSM III (UHV + rSAP) and Maxi-dot

This feature lets you connect your mobile telephone to the car via Bluetooth for handsfree use.

My Dealer didn't have much info and said stick with GSM II version, any upside to have the GSM III instead?

thanks, Colin

The current version does everything the old outdated GSM II module does and more, sounds like the dealer does not understand what the current GSM III setup is capable of.

The GSM II module is UHV only, does not support Bluetooth Audio streaming and provides limited functionality with most mobiles, unlike the GSM III UHV+RSAP model which does bluetooth audio streaming, supports RSAP if your phone supports it, and more.

• Like 1

Spot on.. the streaming media will be nice.

do you know if the blue tooth supports 2 phones connections or just the one.

Edited by vRS 170TDi Cork

do you know if the blue tooth supports 2 phones connections or just the one.

I've got two phones assigned to mine - my work phone and the wife's. It always defaults to hers when I start the car up though I've not looked into why or if I can change the order.

Edit: forgot to mention that mine's the Elegance and was an ex-dealer model so not sure if it came as standard or they had it fitted at order.

• Like 1

It's definitely worth it!

My GF got me to skip it due to the added cost when we ordered - but driving around without it made me almost crazy ... So I had to get an aftermarket upgrade for my Columbus which set me back almost 600 Euros (for unit + install), and they couldn't even integrate the microphone (because the "microphone spot" was already occupied by the mic for the SATNAV, and they couldn't use that same microphone for the aftermarket Bluethooth-module ...

Anyway, now it works splendidly and I would not be without it!

Edited by thnp
  • Like 1

It's definitely worth it!

Seconded!

After a few teething troubles getting it to play nicely with my Samsung Galaxy SII (Android 4.0.3), it now works flawlessly. Particularly impressed with the transparent synchronization of phonebooks and the fact you can configure it as a Bluetooth PAN so that laptops etc. in the car can connect to the internet (though not at the same time as audio streaming over bluetooth) :angel:. It's a very cool piece of kit.

m.

• Like 1

Does the Galaxy SII still support rsap with Android 4.0.3?

Out of the box, no. As I understand it, Samsung have reworked the SII's Bluetooth stack and one of the things that has gone awol is rsap support. However, 4.0.3 on the SII is now compatible with the rsap application available in the Market (Google Play... whatever...), though this requires* a rooted phone, I believe. Having installed this the rsap worked perfectly with the exception of the phone book being inconsistently downloaded. A patch to the bluetooth.apk seems to have resolved it and everything now works as it should.

m.

*edited to add: looks like root is preferable but not required...

Edited by Mark S Morley