Awesome GTI - (Resolved)

GeeVRSman

WARNING!! this is a rant!

Yesterday i ordered a part from awesome. a oil pressure sensor relocation kit so i can plumb in my gauge. Now before i start i understand that sometimes companies do not have stuff in stock, and "NORMAL" companies will show on there website "out of stock" or such likes.

i get this mail today..

Thank you for the online order,

At the moment we do not have all parts on your order in stock, as soon all items are in stock we will ship the whole order to you.

Part(s) missing from your order:

42Draft Oil Pressure Relocation Kit.

thanks for letting me know, but no mention of estimated waiting time etc. what use is this to me?

A few months ago i ordered some braided brake lines. i get the same mail. they took over 3 weeks to arrive stalling my big brake upgrade on my bora, screwing up plans with friends as we was attending a charity tunnel run, costing me money as i paid for my place! before that my pal ordered something from them and again, gets the same mail! his parts took over a month to arrive!!! The thing that winds me up is, Awesome is not the smallest company in the world and should have stock. or at least keep there poxy website up to date to let people know they have not got something in stock. . I chose the more expensive Awesome over ebay as the quality of part is expected to be better, as is the service. I really am fed up of having to wait more than a couple of days for parts from these people it takes the pee pee. my other mods will now have to wait until i have got this part or im going to have to do things twice.

Whats going on AWESOME!! are you going out of business? buying parts in when orders are made?? its not on!

I have asked for a refund and will take my custom else where from now on i think.

this thread is not here to offend anyone, i just think there taking liberties!

Rant over!

Guest BigJase88

They have nothing in stock!!

Im still 3 weeks on waiting for coilpacks, coilpack holders, boost guage and vent pod!!

Proper retards

I too got a message like this when i ordered my Red coil packs. I found within a couple days though I got my delivery. They really should update their website tho and let people know when stuff isnt in stock

ah guys, I think you are being a bit unfair. nobody really expects these small businesses to keep stock on the shelf do they? They might only sell one of these things a year and it's foolish to keep items on the shelf that you may not ever sell.. So I would say you should be a bit more realistic in your demands, I guess they only act as an agent for these parts anyway and they would be shipped direct from the manufacturer..

you will more than likely find the same 'delay' wherever you buy it from anyway.

Oh and as for eBay, most of the stuff on there is a load of old ****.

ah guys, I think you are being a bit unfair. nobody really expects these small businesses to keep stock on the shelf do they? They might only sell one of these things a year and it's foolish to keep items on the shelf that you may not ever sell.. So I would say you should be a bit more realistic in your demands, I guess they only act as an agent for these parts anyway and they would be shipped direct from the manufacturer..

you will more than likely find the same 'delay' wherever you buy it from anyway.

Oh and as for eBay, most of the stuff on there is a load of old ****.

this is what i thought the 1st time it happend. i let it go.

they should say on there website if its not in stock simple as that. 99% of products ordered now days arrives in 2-3 days. If not, ALL companies will put a blerb on there website. its becoming an all to common sight with this lot all ALL vag forums. The same parts on Awesomes Ebay site say "more than 10 available". Obviously there some wrong doings somewhere along the line?

im royally pi55ed off they have once again ruined my build plans in the time scale i have!

yes i emailed them this morning.

Im not being funny boys and girls, yes, if buts maybes aside. if you dont have something in stock say so! its not rocket science! im obviously not the only 1 having trouble. please do not try and turn this around.

its not on. simple as that! You get parts from hong kong faster!

Hi Guys,

We are up against one massive issue which is difficult to resolve. Unfortunately, it's not actually possible to link our sales order system directly in with the online store to show what is and isn't in stock. As well as this we have over 40,000 individual products on our website so this eliminates any possibility of us updating stock quantities manually. It's simply be a mamoth task for us to change product statuses every time something gets delivered and every time we sell the last of one specific product.

To hold stock of at least one of each of 40,000 products would require us to have an absolutely phenomenally large warehouse and would be an absolutely monsterous investment to carry out!

I can understand your frustration with this. The big thing we are up against with the specific items mentioned in this thread is that our American suppliers are rather slow and difficult to get things from in a hurry!

The 42draft - Oil pressure relocation kit is a very rarely sold part and it would be insane of us to hold stock of every individual product regardless of how quickly they move off the shelves.

Retail business is something which has to be done strategically. Holding stock of the things that sell frequently and keeping less frequent sellers to a zero or minimum stock level for special order.

I'm happy that you have received an e-mail informing you of the stock not being in and I can see it from both sides. Yes, If I were a customer then I'd most certainly want to know how long the 'non-stock' items are going to take, however from our side or the argument. We quite simply don't seem to be able to get an answer from our supplier and the last thing our members of staff want to do is make a random guess, only for it to be thrown back at them at a later date.

At the end of this month, I personally will be having a meeting with both Awesomes Operations director, Sales manager and our Parts manager to see what can be done to improve our situation with U.S. import parts as due to the slow shipping process etc. they have unfortunately caused us issues in the past.

Asked for a price for a remap and they wanted quite a bit more than the same map from a Main Dealer. + their service price was nearly double the main dealer price.

Crazy as this is going to sound, not many Main dealers provide remaps around here and any of the ones I've heard of use Revo Technik. The very same people we were using for our remaps. When it comes to the Revo Remaps, we're not allowed to differenciate from Revo's suggested retail prices. Therefore if there is a main dealer selling the same map cheaper, then they are doing this against the suppliers will and at the end of the day, we would have hapily price matched it.

As for your quote for servicing which was nearly double the main dealer, On a 2.0TDI we charge £109 for an interim service and £169 for a full service.

If you know of a dealer doing these for anywhere near £54.50 and £84.50, Please give me there details so that I can use this to barter for better servicing prices!

They have nothing in stock!!

Im still 3 weeks on waiting for coilpacks, coilpack holders, boost guage and vent pod!!

Proper retards

Jason, I hope you have actually tried to contact us before putting a comment like that?

As for nothing in stock, Next time you are in the area, pop in to see me and I'll personally give you a guided tour of our stores. You'll be quite surprised.

This particular instance seems to have been caused almsot entirely by delays on our ECS Tuning Delivery.

Hi Guys,

We are up against one massive issue which is difficult to resolve. Unfortunately, it's not actually possible to link our sales order system directly in with the online store to show what is and isn't in stock. As well as this we have over 40,000 individual products on our website so this eliminates any possibility of us updating stock quantities manually. It's simply be a mamoth task for us to change product statuses every time something gets delivered and every time we sell the last of one specific product.

To hold stock of at least one of each of 40,000 products would require us to have an absolutely phenomenally large warehouse and would be an absolutely monsterous investment to carry out!

Sounds like you need software the company I work for does ;)

• Like 1

ello awesome. thankyou for replying back to me on the forum. i have not had an email from "mike" in regards to a refund to my self so maybe thats somthing you could help with?

In regards to your stock issue i understand totally. BUT.. its 2012 man!! there is more than enough software companies out there to help with website stock counters. I build websites as a part time job and know first hand this software is not expensive.

Getting back on track, it seems to be a very common with you lot recently, in my anger with you lot i put a status up on my FB page saying how annoyed i was with Awesome, no other details. i had 5 different mates say they are having the same issues. This is more than an issue with ECS tuning?

Sorry, but you have lost a customer for good now. Ill go else where from now on.

Thanks for the reply on here, and im sorry in a way i had to post this thread up, but you fellas have to sort your issues out!

Wonder how long it will be before im refunded!

EDIT softscoop beat me to it!

This is never a subject where you will get the answers you would like to hear unfortunately.

Our internet shop can not be integrated in to our accounts package and this is why it doesn't show our stock levels. There will be a new system brought on line sometime over the next 12 months but it will not happen right away.

We do try to carry as many of the fast moving items as we can, unfortunately we do not manufacture the products ourselves and there never seems to be a steady flow of ant of the products available to us. Take for instance the THS engine mounts we sell. Everything going absolutely fine 3 - 5 days delivery all the time. We place an order, no delivery, chase it up, told another week, no delivery after weeks and weeks of this we are told there is a delay and they'll be another month! 6 months later we get the product. This is an extreme case but never the less it happens all over. The American products are particularly bad and it doesn't matter how much fuss we kick up the communication and service never seems to get any better and unfortunately we do not have a choice in anyone else we can buy the product from so we can't just stop using them.

All the internet orders at the minute are processed manually, that is why if you have ordered on a night time you will generally get a mail the day after with your order status. If there is a delay you should be getting more correspondence from us to keep you informed.

With our stock we are currently carrying around £200k! There is absolutely no way in this world we could stock everything we list on the shop, just one of everything available for a Fabia VRS would be somewhere in the region of 20 kits! Our online shop is a window to show everyone what products we can get and provide you with (eventually in some cases). With our environment being very competitive and with a lot of people just selling discounted product with very low overheads the profit the margins are tight on the products we sell and this in turn does affect the level of stock we can keep. We do try to make sure that our stock is current and turns over quickly but what we do sell is very sporadic and hard to keep track of with there being no set trends. A lot of the time parts are only ordered from the manufacturer when we have an order for them.

I do believe the main issue we have is not getting back to people if there is a delay after our initial out of stock reply to you. As of right now an email has gone out to all the staff to ensure everyone checks on the status of their uncompleted orders and it has been made very clear that a lack of communication is not acceptable and all our valued customers must be kept in the look with their orders.

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention and I do hope we can improve our service to you however unfortunately the stock situation can not.

I have been extremely open and honest with how things work here, although probably not the answers you have been looking for I do hope it gives you a better understanding of how things work.

Regards John Glover (Sales Manager)

P.s Just as i have finished writing this i have seen your post Gee-man. I am sorry to hear this and it is your choice who you buy product from but as far as i am aware we are one of the better ones, we really do try our best and never take complains lightly.

Please PM me or email me [email protected] with your details and i will make sure your credit request is delt with asap!

I understand your problems with your us supplier but as a customer it aint my problem. You should state on your website that "this part may take longer as its shipped from the US once the order is processed" Its not difficult.

Awesome john... i have mailed you. please ignore that as mike is now dealing with me via PM.

Well it was certainly nice of awesome gti to take the time to write up on here for you gee-man..

I'd be interested to see what service you get from another vendor, I guess as it has to some from the states you will be stuck waiting.. I know how frustrating it is waiting for bits to arrive, I once waiting for a part from Germany for 9 months, and the vehicle was off the road that entire time whilst i waited.

indeed it was Teflontom. for that i am greatful.

i have already found a company that have the coil pack brackets in stock. and there cheaper! Win!

As a matter of interest what are these coil pack brackets that people keep talking about?? Is that for a 20v engine? it's odd because the 1.8t engine that I have in my felicia has coils which are bolted to the cylinder head with socket head bolts? I guess there must have been another type of coil pack used on them at some point?

Guest BigJase88

There called ecs coilpack hold down clamps

On the octy 1.8t the coilpacks are push in type which can come unseated from running mapped power, the ecs clamps bolt to the top of the rocker cover and stop the coilpacks popping up...

To awesome yes i have enquired to be told they were with customs? And i still have coilpack problems which i could have sorted by now if i had the money to do so....

I think there needs to be a way that stock levels can be updated online as im pretty sure on your website it states next day delivery!? Which isn't really the case?

Just wanted to post this quickly....

I completely understand everything you're saying Gee-man - I had a similar experience when I ordered some stuff from another "sponsor" company on here. When I wanted to return it they tried to say that I had to deal with the original supplier in Germany, even though they never said on their website that they simply ordered parts on my behalf from a 3rd party, and that they didn't hold any stock themselves. They even tried to use this as an excuse to get out of the Distance Selling Regulations!

But I have to say that when I ordered some Octavia VRS H&R springs from Awesome their communication was very good (I got an email the same day to say they'd been dispatched) and the kit arrived the next day. I had been meaning to post a "thank you" message to them and thought now was a good time to do it. Based on this one and only time I used them, I'd definitely use them again in the future.