Small mod on the Octavia

Finally got rid of the Octavia and tdi badge. Also put in a magnetic tax disc holder, Sainsbury special and won't be getting one again. Barely holds its own weight unlike our previous 99p Tesco ones :( Also added my front metal plate, only took a year :giggle:

546215_10150781916090761_749445760_11839512_658990103_n.jpg

Now why would u think that lol

If u had a vrs would u remove the vrs badge?

I'm just curious!

Just thought you would!

What, you think because not everyone has a vRS they're somehow ashamed and that's the reason for removal? Interesting angle...

I've debadged each Skoda I've owned, four of which have been vRSes. I do it because I prefer the neater look it gives, plus it's easier for cleaning and detailing too. Never really understood vehicle badging anyway - why do you need to tell people what it is? Apart from free brand marketing of course...

Did they come off easy enough?

Easiest way is hot (not boiling) water over them, then some string or fishing line wire is ideal - use a length of that to gently saw at the adhesive between the badge itself and the bodywork. Should come off in a few minutes, then use some WD-40, IPA or equivalent - something made with petrol distillates basically, to remove any adhesive residue left behind. Make sure you clean the area afterwards and at least apply some wax or protection to the paint when you're done. That's why I take them off just before I start my first detail on a car, as I'm going to be using products on the bodywork anyway.

Hope this helps :)

Just thought you would!

What, you think because not everyone has a vRS they're somehow ashamed and that's the reason for removal? Interesting angle...

I've debadged each Skoda I've owned, four of which have been vRSes. I do it because I prefer the neater look it gives, plus it's easier for cleaning and detailing too. Never really understood vehicle badging anyway - why do you need to tell people what it is? Apart from free brand marketing of course...

Interesting angle thanks ;)

Easiest way is hot (not boiling) water over them, then some string or fishing line wire is ideal - use a length of that to gently saw at the adhesive between the badge itself and the bodywork. Should come off in a few minutes, then use some WD-40, IPA or equivalent - something made with petrol distillates basically, to remove any adhesive residue left behind. Make sure you clean the area afterwards and at least apply some wax or protection to the paint when you're done. That's why I take them off just before I start my first detail on a car, as I'm going to be using products on the bodywork anyway.

Hope this helps :)

:thumbup:

I prefer the symmetrical look and also wardy is right, cleaning. It had parts of a cloth in it from being cleaned on Monday at a polish place (2 young kids limit my time of car washing)

I used dental floss to cut, white spirit to clean the reminding sticky pad, tar remover for the marks and polish. Only problem now, I need to find time to polish the rest!

I also debadged the wife's old gt tdi, we just prefer the look. I know not everyone wants to, but that's cool. I'm not ashamed that it's just a pd105 although it's been sharked ;)

Someone on my FB said I missed one. Nah thas the badge to say I'm clever and don't pay over the odds for good workmanship :)

Someone on my FB said I missed one. Nah thas the badge to say I'm clever and don't pay over the odds for good workmanship :)

It's also the one that uses pins to locate into the bootlid, so you'd be left with holes if you removed the important one :)

Just thought you would!

Another de badge here and for the same reasons...my gaffer asked if I was ashamed of the badge! (snort) Certainly not!

I like the way it keeps people guessing!

Never really understood vehicle badging anyway - why do you need to tell people what it is? Apart from free brand marketing of course...

You obviously weren't spanking a Cavalier/Vectra, Sierra/Mondeo, Carina E/Avensis, Primera, 626, 405/406, Laguna, Xantia etc. up and down the UK's motorways back in the 90's.

Boot badges mattered :giggle:

"Look at him in his Cavalier L, I bet he wishes he was as successful as me in my LS!"

Equally Gene Hunt could look down his nose in 1973 at a Cortina 1.6L or XL as he had a 2000E.

To the OP i think that looks great in a classically British understated restyle. Less is more.

Some need their badges though, preferably in big fonts, and some pay the DVLA to put the cars badge on the plate as well!