Octavia VRS mirror pivot

Some kind person has snapped the pivot of the driver's side mirror of my Octavia VRS. The mirror itself is fine. Does anyone know if it possible to replace the pivot without the trouble and expense of replacing the whole mirror? Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom...

In that situation, you'd be better off at a salvage yard, to just get the bits you need. As the pivot is broken, you'll need the whole bare mirror assembly.

This doesn't have to be specifically from a vRS model. To that you could swap over the lighting base (containing the indicator), your existing glass and the painted cover.

I haven't done a full mirror swap, only the cover and light unit, but I understand you need to take the door card off, in order to remove the mirror completely.

Hope this helps.