"ABS" + "TRC/ESP" + "Downhill Drive Support" Warning Lights on 1.2Tsi

Abominable

Whilst driving my 1.2Tsi last night the "ABS" & "Traction Control/ESP" warning light came on for a while. They then went off again. I checked the brake fluid level and pads - all ok. Both lights came on again and cycled on and off for a while until staying on permanently.

This morning when starting the car the "Downhill Drive Support" light also came on. My car is not even fitted with this option (it's 2WD). My car is fitted with ESP.

Brake fluid was changed about two weeks ago.

Checked it in for reapir/assesment next week.

Anyone got any ideas what might be going on?

sounds like gremlins to me......or a rat....

Well then, they're cantankerous wee rats because then the "EPC" (Engine Management) and "Exhaust Control" lights went on and it's gone into 'limp home' mode. Great! Into the garage tomorrow....

My Yeti experienced something similar twice. In addition doors were locking and unlocking, no speed and revs indication etc.

Finally, skoda dealer after serious searching, found that canbus (if I am telling it rite) wire somewhere behind the wheel was touching car frame.

They fixed it, with tape I suppose and he told me that they reported it to the factory for any similar situation.

Not to mention that I have also replaced turbo in 16k (early 2010 production) and with 2 year guarantee expiring in 1 week, I am praying that my problems are over, because this car is practical and I like it a lot.

Whilst driving my 1.2Tsi last night the "ABS" & "Traction Control/ESP" warning light came on for a while. They then went off again. I checked the brake fluid level and pads - all ok. Both lights came on again and cycled on and off for a while until staying on permanently.

This morning when starting the car the "Downhill Drive Support" light also came on. My car is not even fitted with this option (it's 2WD). My car is fitted with ESP.

I had a Fiat Grande Punto for two years before going to change it to a Yeti...

That failure message is very common on that car and it comes from the little microswitch upper the brake pedal (the one which activates the stop lights).

After I replaced that switch I had no more failure messages.

May be the same on our SM...