Unsure what to fit

chewie76

I need to get 2 new tires for my Fabia Vrs and I'm unsure what to get fitted, I'm running continue sport contact 2's at the moment but I bought the car with these on last sept so don't know how good they are from new. I have been looking at T1R's but that means I would need to buy all 4 that's not a problem but I've also been looking at some Michelin only require 2 then any advise plz!!!

One of the hardest thing to do is advise about tyres. The ones you mentioned are in the higher price range the 2 that I've seen often mentioned in this price range are uniroyal rainsports and VREDESTEIN ULTRAC CENTO. I myself prefer Falken 452 that are in the lower price range lol

Why would you need to buy new tyres for all 4 wheels? Your car hasn't got 4wd!

You can, if you wanted fit 4 different makes of tyre to each wheel, however it is normally recommended that you have at least the same on each axle (front or rear). I have ran different makes of tyres on front and rear for many years.

Tyres for the Mk1 Fabia vRS (if that's what you've got) is a very common subject. Currently the most popular choice is Uniroyal Rainsport 2s. I have them on mine and can't fault them.

I didnt think that you could have directional on 1 axle and no directional on the other?

Nope don't matter, if you have a mixture on the same axle as long as they have legal thread! Recommend that you have the same on each axle tho. Think the law states you can't have crossply and radials on the same axle lol

Nope don't matter, if you have a mixture on the same axle as long as they have legal thread! Recommend that you have the same on each axle tho. Think the law states you can't have crossply and radials on the same axle lol

Won't be that many here know what a crossply is :giggle:

As above, you can fit directional tyres to the front and have non-directional on the rear. It is not recommended to use different tyres left to right.

What you must not do is fit a directional tyre to the wrong side (ie direction arrow reversed), this is why the spare should only be a non-directional tyre.

There are arguments for where you should put new tyres (front or rear), but I won't open that can of worms.