tyre pressure for space saver on vrs

sorting out car for summer & cannot find tyre press for spare tyre on my vrs the spare is a 205/55/16 91v does anyone know what it should be inflated too cant find it in book or fuel cap only give 225/40/18 it is fitted with

I do exactly the same and keep it slightly over-inflated. Keep mine at 40PSI and try to check it monthly.

Then if I did come to need it, I'd run it between 32-35PSI depending on which axle it was needed on, and how much load I had in the car at the time.

Picked up the spare space saver tyre last week from the dealer for my vrs. Its got a sticker saying 50mph max? Is this true as I thought it was a full size 16" tyre used on other octavias? And would I need to reset the TPM due to the smaller diameter wheel?

It's a Health and Safety sticker, I presume in case someone swapping it at the roadside is incapable of fitting it properly and correctly tightening the bolts!

As you say, it's exactly the same wheel and tyre fitted to other Octavias, including the speed and load rating.

I would obviously advise caution with it fitted, especially on a vRS where the other three wheels are 18". But for emergency use it's much, much better than a skinny spacesaver or a can of tyre foam!

I would reset TPM as a precaution after fitting it, yes - just to the system can re-calibrate.

It's a Health and Safety sticker, I presume in case someone swapping it at the roadside is incapable of fitting it properly and correctly tightening the bolts!

As you say, it's exactly the same wheel and tyre fitted to other Octavias, including the speed and load rating.

I would obviously advise caution with it fitted, especially on a vRS where the other three wheels are 18". But for emergency use it's much, much better than a skinny spacesaver or a can of tyre foam!

I would reset TPM as a precaution after fitting it, yes - just to the system can re-calibrate.

was about to ask the same exactly the same wheel as standard octavias as stated 3 18" & 1 16" 50ish is most i would do

A virtually identical rolling radius though, so yes - I'd take it easier with it fitted, but the difference in tyre size and width is more relevant to cornering, rather than outright straight line speed.