Dual climatic heater problem

Weird one this. Had car for 15 months, covered 30k, just serviced.

Informed dealer of problem, but either not fixed or not looked at.

Heat drivers side gradually gets hotter and hotter till unbearable. Even when turned down to "blue" setting, when booster fan kicks in.

Passenger side seems to be working correctly.

Doesn't matter whether set on auto, dual, or manual.

Switch off completely, wait a min or so, and switch back on, all ok for a while. Then drivers gets hotter and hotter, and here we go again.

It's under warranty, but was wondering if there's a quick fix, or is it dealer, "I insist you fix this" jobby!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?evoxmg

Ok, when car temp got up to normal this morning, the heat/cold swapped sides. Cold drivers side, hot passenger side.

Did the usual and turned everything off, thing got back to normal for a while, 3 - 4 mins or so, and then got hot drivers side!

I give up!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vj00wz

Sounds like a faulty temperature sensor, but that's a pure guess. I would have expected the dealer to be able to check it with the computer, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Oggy,

Any other details on this? My car has started making its own mind up on what the temp inside the car should be. Can be roasting set at 17 or cold set at 23.

I have noticed at times that the display in the centre screen does not change when I turn the temp setting dial. (if temp was set at 20 and I turn dial down to 19 the display still shows 20)

My car is out of cover since 01 Apr, took it into the dealer earlier this week to have it checked out, telling them I expected some sort of good will towards the repair. They told me there were no faults showing up, but because of the setting display not changing, the "guess" it is the control panel.

Skoda are willing to replace the panel (said to cost €650) if I cover the labour of €85.

This sounds fair enough to me, BUT, what if it is not the cause of the problem, and like you it is some sort of chafed wire? Should I get the work done and risk the problem still being there, or insist they check further into it?

Do you have any Idea where this wire is located? What they said caused the chaffing? Any info would be of help to me right now.

Cheers.

Bryan

Does sound like you've a control panel problem to me. It's deffo not the same problem my superb experienced. Although its strange the "computer" thingy didn't pick up the problem. Sounds as though it's an intermittent prob.

I had to drive my car for 1/2 hour to make sure my prob manifested itself, then not switch anything off till the linked it up, to check.

But if your dial isn't altering the temp as you turn it, fair bet it's the control panel that's causing the problem.

As far as the chaffed wire, mine experienced, I couldn't tell you exactly where it was or which specific wire. All I know, is it runs from behind the control panel, down to a footwell sensor somewhere, but it's not a common fault, so prob specific to my car.

Could've been created by the engineer who installed my taxi meter, or radio.

Prob was actually.

I'd get the control panel changed, deffo a good bet.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?k3aosk