Vrs TDI stuttering when going down steep hills

Apologies if posted before, have searched but couldn't find anything....so I've noticed recently that my Vrs starts to stutter every time I go down a steep hill. Feels like its being starved of fuel and acts almost like its misfiring. The car goes in goes in for it's last service before the warranty runs out in a couple of days so if there's anything that can be done to fix it I'd like to get it done. Anyone else experienced it? If so, was it fixed? I'm expecting the dealership to just fob me off but I'm sure I've read about this being a problem (just can't remember where).

The only similar thing that I have experienced is going over a crest in the road, immediately afterward it feels like fuel starvation. It clears very soon after the crest in the road, and I have only experienced it on a couple of roads (although it is consistent every time I drive these roads).

See the following link:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/150025-negative-g/page__hl__negative__fromsearch__1

That sounds just like it, I started to notice it when going over the crest of hills, but now it seems to happen all the way down a hill if it's steep enough). Living in Northants I don't have a lot of steep hills to navigate so it's not a huge problem to me, but often go to see friends in Yorkshire and it does it all the time up there...

So based on the thread you linked to above, looks like I'm not gonna be in much luck of Skoda actually doing anything - but I will definitely mention it to them.

Ive had my VRS for a few weeks, its a 2011 plate cr 170, and im really glad its not just me! A bit worried after buying a second hand car....

I took it for a drive around mid wales over the weekend, and noticed it twice. I had noticed it before too however thought it was 'just one of those things'.

Really happy with the car otherwise, hopefully this is one of those quirks.

That sounds just like it, I started to notice it when going over the crest of hills, but now it seems to happen all the way down a hill if it's steep enough). Living in Northants I don't have a lot of steep hills to navigate so it's not a huge problem to me, but often go to see friends in Yorkshire and it does it all the time up there... So based on the thread you linked to above, looks like I'm not gonna be in much luck of Skoda actually doing anything - but I will definitely mention it to them.

I would be more worried if it started to do it much beyond the crest of the hill, or if it is starting to get worse as that would imply a developing problem.

If I put my foot down as I go over the crest, then I can stop it happening completely.

This may be a bit of a cross-post, but the stuttering/'mis-fire' is very like the DPF issues that have plenty of other threads on here.

I have a 140 PD Scout, and have had all the blocked DPF symptoms, including having had a manual regen at the dealers.

But, and here's the curious thing, prompted by Mash's mention of Yorkshire:

If anyone knows Sutton Bank on the A170 west of Thirsk, they'll know that, travelling west, it's a steep 1:4 downhill A road with some hairpins but also some 'coasting' crests and swooping turns. At the bottom is a sweeping RH bend, that I generally do on light throttle before accelerating up the rising straight.

My car can have been running fine for weeks, then I drive that road, put my foot down after the bottom bend and 'ping', on goes the glowplug light. Just once, but nearly always does it. I'm hard-pushed to think that isn't fuel supply related.

I'm driving that road again tomorrow, so let's see if it does it this time!

I have a few roads nearby where I can get this to happen every time on the CR. I'm pretty sure it's down to fuel interruption during negative G (maybe not quite the right description, as you couldn't replicate it purely by braking?) right hand turns, the kind of thing that is so infrequent it was never picked up during testing...annoying if you live on a road with this feature though! My TSI doesn't do it though.

Well as expected no fault was found in the service. They've raised a report back to Skoda to tell them I'd complained of this happening but guess that isn't going to help in the short term. Guess my only option now is to find a hill close by that does it, then take the technician there to feel it happening.

Oh well, glad I live somewhere flat as that would do my head in if it was happening all the time.

It's a wierd fault tho, has many other cr owners have this I wonder!

Seen a lot of mention of this over the forum all seem to get it was suggestion that it was something to do with traction control with sudden weight lift off on front end more so than would normally be experienced (but if thats the case why don't the cheaper petrol variants do it? Different weight at front with heavier diesel engine?) I get it too but depends on road and some of the useless roads where I am from with poor wavy surfaces can trigger it. Will report it also on first service to get it logged with Skoda. But im not worried that much tbh.