guess what

I for one am not a huge fan of AMD. Expensive labour rates, the rolling road is one of the most inconsistent and exaggerated ive ever experienced(might be why their golf is always so slow lol). Im not saying their work is bad though, just very expensive.

Plus i know they sold 2 guys with GTIs on one of other forums i use one of their own custom maps that turned out to be REVO map, the guys werent bothered but still its not exactly confidence inspiring.

That said they are a REVO dealer so it makes little difference if you were to get a REVO map at daventry or AMDTechnik, its the same map so your OK in that sense. Just dont believe the figures you get at AMD because you'll be disapointed at rolling road days at other places lol.

The guys at Daventry seem spot on from the talks i had with them. I very nearly went with REVO after i had my first map change. They were very keen to impress and compare against my first map

Admitidly daventry is alot further than amd but I've got an arrangement with them with regards to the map which has to be done at daventry due to needing a couple of tweeks. Just have to wait and see what the result is. All i can say is its guna be an expensive month with the map, arb, and coilies.

Always used JKM for my dyno runs, a bit of a trek but always accurate.

Put it this way, I went down with my remapped Ibiza one year - 165bhp 298lb/ft

Went down the follwing year after cat back milltek and filter - 167.1bhp 301lb/ft

Standard cars pushing standard power, some diesels over-read but were more likely to apparently.

AMD's rollers weren't off last time I went but have heard one year to the next can differ a lot.