Wind noise passenger side

I have a little bit of wind noise on passenger side only, noticable at speeds over 70mph.

It appears to sound as if its coming from the rear top corner area of the door, although I know these things have a habit of not always being were they sound when your not sat right next to them !

The door alignment is spot on visually and I did lower and close the passenger window a few times to see if it helped, (it didn't).

Is there a known issue I can look out for, or suggestions as to likely causes ?

I think there is a way of resetting the windows to close properly, I know you said that you have opened and closed them but they still might not be closing all the way. Especially if it sounds like its from this area.

There is also an issue with the rear quarter windows in the hatches making a noise, I can't remember the fix or exactly where, try searching you might find something on it

This is a known problem. Mine went into dealer who adjusted driver's door latch. Cured the problem for a while but wind noise returned and when it went back to dealer they changed the door seal, approved by Skoda UK who had issued a notice on how to rectify the problem. It's wind getting under the outer seal and causing the inner seal to resonate, usually happens at speeds over 65 mph.

I don't suppose anyone has a service notice reference or similar for this "known problem/fix", do they? Mine's been to the dealer four times for the wind noise from the driver's door, never fixed - but also never any mention of doing anything beyond playing with alignment. If there is a known issue, I'd like to be able to bludgeon them with it.

Thanks....

As far as I am aware it was the outer door seal they changed. As far as the Skoda notice is concerned all I can say is that when I was at the dealer's he looked it up on his computer and printed off a sheet from Skoda. I didn't see what the sheet said so can't help with any references but it was as a result of what it said that the seal was changed on warranty.

Sorry I can't be more help but if one dealer can do it then I'm sure they all must have access to the info.

I checked my uppermost window channel was clear, and then did the window limit reset as mentioned, seems to have cured it for now :)

How do you reset the Windows ?

I have the same whistling noise at speeds over 65mph from the rear passenger door/window on my vrs hatch.

I checked my uppermost window channel was clear, and then did the window limit reset as mentioned, seems to have cured it for now :)

How do you reset the Windows ?

I have the same whistling noise at speeds over 65mph from the rear passenger door/window on my vrs hatch.

The hatch might be the rear quarter window abarth_1200 mentioned, do a search for wind noise and you will come across a solution on these forums.

I found the window reset after a search, it just a matter of holding the button closed for a few seconds after the window is fully down, and the same again when its up. I didnt hear any clicking like was mentioned in the post I read, but it seems to have done the trick !

Edit: @ Studmuffin; Try this for rear quarter noise, apparently there is a skoda fix on the system reading some posts but if not under warranty: http://www.briskoda....em/page__st__20

And here is a possible solution if the above doesn't work on front door wind noise: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/161910-facelift-octavia-vrs-wind-noise-at-speed/page__hl__octavia%20front%20door%20seal__st__30

Edited by Mr Grump