Stream MP3 Aux In Retro fit

Thought i would start off this thread as i cannot find the older original threads about this.

This is for Stream MP3 Head Units on Pre-FL models.

Head Unit wiring diagram:

The 3 connections on the back of the head unit are marked in red.

Skoda.jpg

A video of step by step guide to retro fitment:

The VW wires listed in the video are still avaliable from dealer :thumbup:

I know there are threads running at the moment similar to this but thought i would post again to help anyone who is looking to do this DIY themselves.Also there is no loss of CD Changer input as the connections reqiured are seperate.

I will be doing this cheaper method myself soon.

I went to the local vw dealer today to get the leads and the part number has been changed. The new part has a connector on both ends of the wire, so I only had to buy two and then cut them in half. I paid about £9.00 for the pair and I didn't get the new part number. I am not sure which part of the socket is left or right. Is the tip of the plug the left channel?

I ordered a wire a while ago without realizing I needed 3. I think I'll be able to cut the single wire in half which will make 2 wires but do I really need the earth wire?

Surely only if you want a specific socket, the cable gives you a 3.5mm jack so that could go straight into the headphone jack.

John

From what I've read the quality from the headphone jack isn't as good as the data port part, in the iphone/ipod's case .

From what I've read the quality from the headphone jack isn't as good as the data port part, in the iphone/ipod's case .

I doubt that with a standard stereo you can tell the difference anyway, unless you've got some serious top end gear then don't think you'll notice

I use the Aux port for listening to a DAB unit, all sounds good to my cloth ears. (Radio 4Extra)

As Mattcut said, you'd need some good gear, plus you are listening to it in the car: the amount of noise pollution from the engine and tyres alone ruins any "hi-fidelity" you'd be thinking of. If you've upgraded the standard H/U, you'll probably already have a iPud/USB interface anyway.

Just ordered this from Ebay.This is the correct one for the Stream MP3 HU and the 3 wires are slotted into the connector that have 3 spare slots for aux in and there is no loss of CD changer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-MERCEDES-AUDI-VW-SEAT-SKODA-FORD-PEUGEOT-CITROEN-AUX-IN-IPOD-MP3-2M-CABLE?item=130683522508&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8001869474091820860

Cable comes with pin locations for the connector slots for the HU.

• 3 months later...

hi im a neewbe to this site i have had a go at the aux socket fit however when i plug in the mp3 player my radio does not see it nothing happens in the settings i can switch aux on and off any help please :thumbup:

Welcome aboard!

You'll need someone with VCDS, or a dealer, to activate the Aux port in the control unit. Look here http://mapmaker.donkeymagic.co.uk/map/22108/ for your local friendly VCDS owner. Depending on what trim and year your Octavia is, you could get some other extras activated too. ;)

hi im a neewbe to this site i have had a go at the aux socket fit however when i plug in the mp3 player my radio does not see it nothing happens in the settings i can switch aux on and off any help please :thumbup:

What HU have you got? Stream MP3 or just Stream?

I've just installed the Stream MP3 and 3.5mm phono jack (I opted not to do the socket and just use the plug) and it worked fine with no need for VCDS or any other coding. Did you swap the pins around for the Earth as shown higher up in post #1?

What HU have you got? Stream MP3 or just Stream?

I've just installed the Stream MP3 and 3.5mm phono jack (I opted not to do the socket and just use the plug) and it worked fine with no need for VCDS or any other coding. Did you swap the pins around for the Earth as shown higher up in post #1?

hello again i have just stream yes to day i swapped the earths around the aux still did not work and the cd player sounded realy tinny and ill let the cat out the bag now im a vwg patrol but new to this which means i carry the vas6150 henes my name i have tried to code it the only settings on my laptop was to turn the phone on or off i put the vas on line checked software engine ecu body ecu and radio all up to date im also geko auth, and have full access to elsa pro ,i have tried to look at wiring digrams i think ill just give up the pain is i have optics pack so if i swap radio ill loose my parking sensors

just check continuity on on all 3 wires from pin to plug and check all three pins are fully seated in the connector, connector is pushed fully home in ISO block. Also check input source volume is up high and of course playing. As you have said make sure AUX is switched on in the menu.

hello again i have just stream

Well, there's your problem. The internals of the normal Stream do not allow for an Aux input although apparently some show it in the settings menu. It's never going to work. Buy a Stream MP3 and Bob's yer close relative.

• 1 month later...

hiya - a new skoda tinkerer here. I've just done my Stream MP3 - thanks to you guys for the instructions/confidence to try. Others in my position might want to know that if you don't want to use the pre-made up cables from Skoda or ebay, the terminals for populating the connector to the radio (just crimp them onto the end of whatever audio wire you want to use) can be got at

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/product.asp?product_code=M-71-1

I decided to mount the 3.5mm socket in a blank button, as per the Youtube tutorial above, but I found that the standard 3.5mm chassis sockets from Maplin don't fit very well. I had to cut away some of the plastic inside the button and file down part of the outside of the socket, and even then there's not enough thread protruding through the front of the button to screw the securing nut on. At the moment the socket is just wedged in there, but seems to be holding up alright.

cheers,

robni s

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

Have been reading through the forum on this subject without joining. It looks very good so I have just joined and thought I'd add to this. I've got a 2006 Octavia with the Stream Mp3 6 CD changer. Mine didn't have the blue connector block but did have all the appropriate labels on the stereo and the stereo itself reported to have an aux-in. A search through e-bay didn't seem to provide the appropriate leads. I looks like you need a 12 pin connector block. I used the video cited about to help remove the panel and stereo. You need a rather long torx head bit to get at the top set of screws. I had some leads from an old computer that had some appropriately sized connectors on the end and a red/white RCA connector on the other. I attached the connectors using some tweezers, glued the leads in place using some heat glue (easy to remove) and routed the 3.5mm stereo lead out of the bottom of the cover panel. Checked everything still worked and great, an aux-in for precisely no money spent at all. Sometimes it pays to hoard old electrical stuff.

I did have to set the imput level to 3 when used with my mobile phone.

Thanks for all the discussion.

Hi and welcome aboard :)

Blue plug part no. 3B7 035 447 A:

cd_sat-radio-blue_connector4.jpg

Part no: 000 979 010 is the wires to fit the connector:

Image010.jpg

I used the same wires into the green connector when wiring my Nokia Bluetooth. Just push n' click

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...