Replace instrument cluster

Hi,

My 20026 fabia 1.4 TDI battery light stopped working some time ago now. I searched these forums and have read all the threads on the 'blue' wire issue. I have checked mine out and the blue wire seems ok. My alternator is also working normal. My local garage tested electrics/alternator too and reckons its the LED in the instrument cluster faulty so i am looking to buy another one. Checked ebay and there seems to loads of options and part numbers.

Anyone know what my part number should be?

Thanks

Jason

Welcome to this forum. If it's really just an LED it may be more straightforward and cheaper to get a competent repair done on it.

+1. It's not just as simple as swapping one dash cluster for another because I'm pretty sure the dash cluster contains the immobiliser circuitry and has to be coded to the car.

Thanks for the replies. My garage has the gear to recode the cluster. All i need to do is find one if i can get the part number. Unfortiunately there are a few different part numbers when i look for one.

Any ideas what mine will be.

You can do a light test using VCDS and this should bring up the light to test the LED

Has the DFM wire been checked thoroughly, taking the connector apart and checking the wire. Repaired hundreds of these, I have never replaced a dash insert for a battery light not coming on.