Removing rear reg plate

Vrstdi estate

Hello

I'm putting a cherished plate onto the Yeti but cant see how to remove the rear reg plate surround.

I unscrewed the one screw I could find on the inside panel but this didn't seem to help in anyway!

I'm sure its really easy but its not slapping me between the eyes just yet......

Many thanks

John

No but its like a burglar alarm, they go and find an easier and quicker target

Not sure how easy it is to get number plates in Cyprus but it has been made more difficult over here, so rather than pop into Halfords for a false set plates it is easier to steal a set.

Edited by The Hood

Thanks for the input so far..... the problem is that it seems to be very well attached and if I pull too hard, the plastic surround will probably break. If anyone has removed theirs, Id be grateful for the definitive answer.

Cheers

If you have the German type "carrier bracket" that's also used by many VAG dealers in the UK - similar to Bohuslav's but without the removable bit at the bottom - I think you may find that the number plate is held in the carrier bracket with double sided adhesive foam pads, and the carrier plate itself is secured to the tailgate with two screws that go into bungs in the panel. There are no screws inside the car that you can remove to help you.

When my rear number plate decided to detach itself at one end from the carrier bracket, the highly experienced technician at my dealer just gave the whole assembly a good tug & it all came off the car leaving the screws in place. He then proceeded to place the assembly face down on his work bench and break the carrier off the number plate, scraped off the remains of the sticky pads, remounted a new carrier on the car (he said they only cost a few pence) using the original screws & then stuck the number plate back on using new sticky pads. Highly technical - I don't think! It took him all of 5 minutes.

So you might be best nipping down to your dealer & asking for a new carrier bracket & then just break off the old one as above (unless it is the detachable type mentioned by Bohuslav.)