Security wheel nut socket

Hi guys, I had a puncture on Saturday evening and was in a bit of a rush to change the tyre, and it appears I have left my security nut socket in the car park, or in the wheel after changing(which has subsequently fallen out).

I've only just realised it's missing as I was just about to head out to get a new tyre sorted and found it's missing.

Does anyone have one I can purchase or do I need to go to a Skoda dealer to get such an item?

I believe there are many different shapes to prevent someone buying one and stealing your wheels. The dealers have a 'master' set in their workshops in case customers leave a car in for service without the special adapter for the wheelnuts.

Just ask in the parts department and they'll find out which one to order and you'll be OK.

By the way- did the Alloy come off OK or was it stuck to the hub? A small smear of copper grease or WD40 will stop the Alloy and steel hub seizing.....

Hope this helps.

I had an old volvo s40 with rounded locking nuts on all 4 wheels due to rust, a carless previous owner and a missing lock nut key. Solution was an old splined socket, big hammer and a large breaker bar. Worked quite well, naturally didn't need or want to refit them so not much use to you! But as above dealer will be able to source a replacement. Or you could visit a scrap yard a try and find a match (worked once with a previous car) but it's a long shot!

Thanks for the info guys, will have to visit my local Skoda dealer soon then to get the part ordered. Any rough estimates on cost?

By the way- did the Alloy come off OK or was it stuck to the hub? A small smear of copper grease or WD40 will stop the Alloy and steel hub seizing.....

Hope this helps.

Yes it came off ok, when I first got the car swapped some wheels around and they were stuck on then, so we greased them up then. Might give it some more once we get some dry weather again.