Driving me mad, dashboard squeaking.

Musil

I cant find on forum a problem whit a squaeking dashboard , i have fabia 2001 1.9 tdi and its driving me mad for 2 months that squeaking on dashboard. does anyone have a diagram for removing dashboard and fixing that problem??

Please help me :) my hair is growing 1 cm in 1 day from this anoing noise. Thanks!

HI. Same here :@ . My one is strangely connected to the driving wheel movement. Even when the car is stationary it squeeks when I turn the wheel.

My plan is to get the Hayness manual on the weekend and try to fix this. If I will get it done I wil post the solution.

The piece of dash below the clocks rattles with me, it's soooo annoying, been tempted to pump a load of silicone in there lol but thought that would be a bad idea so just pump the music mate,

HI. Same here :@ . My one is strangely connected to the driving wheel movement. Even when the car is stationary it squeeks when I turn the wheel.

My plan is to get the Hayness manual on the weekend and try to fix this. If I will get it done I wil post the solution.

It's not that strange, the squeaking comes from the centre mount behind the dash. This mount is bolted to the bar that's bolted to the body shell which is also where the steering column mounts to.

There is a thread on how to sort the rattle

thanks guys. found the relevant topics :D ... seems like a good plan for the weekend :) but first i have to sort out the ABS. I t gave me a proper "pants-****ting" moment at busy junction... :/

so well from that all topics i asume that is the some bold on a mounting rail for dashboard. I will look for it on sunday, and i will take pics so anyone who has problem can solve it.. wish me luck :)