Intercooler, would it fit?

Hi, i am thinking about buying a brand new front mounted intercooler from a 906 Merc Sprinter. With the proper pipe work( or bodged) would it fit a skoda fabia 1.9 TDI?

the inlet and outlet are forward facing, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Barneylita

Because proper ones are about £500 lol. This would cost me £100 without the pipework.

This is the description of it.... Core is 660x220x65 with the inlet and outlet forward facing for short pipe run if you have the patience to make your own pipe run. The couplers are big enough for 2.5" hard pipes. To fit this the only cutting you will need to do is a half moon shape out of the front/headlight panels, its a lovely fit right across the front.

I have a mechanic friend who would be able to do it for cheap, i just wondered if this intercooler would be too big for the car? I am planning on getting a shark stage 1 remap too. So my thinking is, the bigger the intercooler, the better the performance?

Thanks.

If you don't mind abit of fabrication then you can make nearly any cooler fit, I fitted a custom front mount to my octy vrs as i wasn't paying giving forge 700 quid.

If you have abit of time and patience then it can be done, its common sense with sizes really, if it looks massive then it probably is to big for the car.

This is mine, a little on the large side but have done BAM manifold conversion so inlets on passenger side now to help reduce lag

2012-02-22203459.jpg

• Like 1

do a diy one mate...as they all say pay less ,you get what you pay for. i wouldnt pay 500 for a kit as av made good ones for 200 for my cars with no probs,,remember with any car that has a boost temp sensor you would need to by a pipe with a boss fitting off forge...

Bigger the cooler to a point....then performance dives off a cliff as the turbo cant fill the cooler quick enough!!

thats true mate as big intercoolers are only good for big turbos ..

I have that cooler on my Fabia Volomeg :)

Yeah forge are overrated I think. There are plenty others out there that aint £600. I have lag on mine but its not been for a map yet. My cooler was the first mod I bought for the car, then noticed it was to big (lag) so went and bought a hybrid pd 150 turbo to compensate for the cooler Really backwards way to do things lol

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

talking of forge anybody ever ordered an fmic or pipes and they arrive filled with swarf??

poor poor show! wonder how many unassuming people have then fitted them to their car's filled with swarf!

Hi, i am thinking about buying a brand new front mounted intercooler from a 906 Merc Sprinter. With the proper pipe work( or bodged) would it fit a skoda fabia 1.9 TDI?

the inlet and outlet are forward facing, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

There's a thread in the Fabia 1 section about intercoolers.

IMO it won't fit, too wide to go between the crash bar mounts and too deep to run underneath it.

You've got around 150mm between the bottom edge of the crash bar and the undertray.