Broken Key Fob Immobiliser

Hey Guys,

I managed to break the Transponder in my Key Fob when i was swapping it out from the old one to the new one.

The previous owner who i am reserving several expletives for had super glued it into place, so when i was removing it, it just broke.

Now i can't start my car.

1> Can i get a replacement transponder?

2> Can it be reconfigured to mobilise my car?

3> Can i avoid going to official Skoda, as they will just make me change the entire lock set and charge me between some ridiculous amount.

Regards,

Sprucegoose

Edited by Sprucegoose

If you have the SKU (I think that is the correct thing), you can pick up a new key and have it coded to the instrument cluster.... Not sure if this can be done with VAGCOM, or if a dealer has to do it....

You should not need a new lock set, just a new transponder bit in the key and the instrument cluster to accept it.

Yeah you can just get another transponder and code it to your cluster but you will need the special code from skoda. They will need proof of ownership to issue you with the special code and it only lasts a certain amount of time I think so get all your bits first. I think you can still do it with vag com. (well thats was the system on my old passat to code a new transponder).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VIRGIN-SKODA-CAN-BUS-TRANSPONDER-CHIP-SKODA-/170725666492

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I am in a somewhat similar situation...

The key head incl the IC48 chip is intact but the fob (battery unit, 3 button remote and inner workings) are all lost.

Which dealer did you get the key from on ebay.co.uk?

Also - you mentioned some Mumbai guy who programmed it for you. Could you please share contact?

tx

Hey RoadTripper,

Here are the contact details for Ashar Key Hub

http://asharkeyhub.in/contact_us

They can do everything for you.

getting the remote casing, getting the transponder chip, programming the remote and programming the immobilizer.

Here is the link for the Key Casing,[it has everything except for the remote chip & the transponder chip inside]

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item416740bd61