Caliper rewind tool

Titanium_Man

Evening all, just after a little advice please!?

I got an advisory back in November for the rear disks being on their way, so I've just stared at looking to buy a rewind tool as don't have one in my tool box.

Been looking on the Amazon(I'm a lazy shopper, what can I say!!?!) and can basically see 2 types....

kits: http://www.amazon.co.uk/PIECE-BRAKE-CALIPER-REWIND-TOOL/dp/B0047WOEWM

OR single types http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brake-Piston-Wind-Back-Double-Adaptor/dp/B000RA18AE/ref=sr_1_3?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1335708560&sr=1-3

So I was wondering if I really need all the extra bits and bobs for this particular job, or can I get away with that single tool linked above as I'm trying to do this as cheap as I can for now.

And would I really need a full set like the first link given this is the first time I have touched a rear brake set-up since I was first shown how to change the rears on a 1991 Ford Orion back in 2001!?!

Cheers all

You only need the single £15 rewind tool for your Vrs or most Vw rear brake calipers. The multi rewind kit will be useful for a garage which will encounter various different makes of cars.

Awesome, cheers me Rooney

can often be done with a pair of pipegrips and a G clamp---3 hands would be usefull :-)

This is often does not work with REAR calipers as the handbrake mechanism needs to be wound back in - hence the requirement for the correct tool.

Edit - just thought a bit more about it and I see what you mean now -

but as you point out it'll need octopus hands to keep it all together. Easier to spend the fifteen quid just for the ease of use.