fabia vrs interior - time for a change!

After having the vrs for 4years now the interior has started to bore me so time for a change. would love leather retrim but way to much money to get it past the other half.

so far ive replaced the interior lights to blue leds and awaiting some led strips to put under dash for footwells. going to wire them up so they come on when doors are opened.

ive seen a few carbon wrapped interior on here and like the idea just not keen on the carbon wrap so bought some gloss black from ebay to try out.

thought it would be easier to wrap the parts of the car so first task was removing all the plastic i wanted wrapping. more than i though!

IMG_20120428_141532.jpg

after couple hours of wrapping and swearing i had finished. ( pic doesnt really show the colour very good)

IMG_20120428_161909.jpg

then came the fun of fitting it all back into the car. i hated putting air vents back together. grrr

pic with middle vents fitted.

IMG_20120428_170040.jpg

im more than happy with the finished look and all for £10. cant complain :)

next jobs for the interior are:

a booster for my radio as the signal is pants. found one for £3 so hope it works

managed to get hold of a 2004 mk1 audi tt interior so the front seats will be going in soon so i can finally have some leather!

in the process of trying to source a r32 steering wheel and a armrest.

ill update with more pics when i get the seats installed.

anyone with any ideas?

Nice.

I have the heater vents, gaitor surround and grab handle inserts sprayed black, it's a nice touch to the interior.

I'm due to have the headunit surround also but m cup holder has been on back order for months and is holding everything up.

IMO subtle touches are key, I wouldn't do anymore than you already have planned.

Modifications for the sake of modifying can easily get the better of you and as a result spoil integrity.

How do u remove the glove box as my light has broke

yea there was 3 torx under glove box and 3 inside, then it slides out, disconnect the ac pipe and the light wire. all slides out together. really easy

yea i know i dont wanna overdo it and mess the interior up, got my eyes on new double din so i can hook my ipod up into armrest. looking at getting the windows tinted soon.

been waiting for some new bits to turn up so i can finish the interior.

fitted all the interior bulbs with blue leds and changed the door lights from red to white covers then fitted with blue leds

got these led strips to fit at weekend under footwells so they come on wen doors open

IMG_20120503_231349.jpg

some hammerite smooth blue paint for my calipers as faniced a change from the green

IMG_20120503_202637.jpg

bough a cd player from a briskoda member the other day and it just turned up and it looks tidy :) going to fit at weekend with sub,parcel shelf speakers and amp

IMG_20120503_202211.jpg

the item i was looking forward to the most was some audi tt leather seats, cant wait to get them fitted. its going to be a busy bank hol weekend

IMG_20120503_202128.jpg

quickly made some plates up for the new seats, just need to finish 2nd plate then paint them before fitting

IMG_20120503_202650.jpg

fun fun fun :p

Edited by boro86

did you find it dificult re-inserting the heater vents as ive taken mine out, wrapped it and it just wont sit right when i try getting it back in

did you find it dificult re-inserting the heater vents as ive taken mine out, wrapped it and it just wont sit right when i try getting it back in

YES!!! i got really annoyed with them, that was hardest part lol, took just the vent cover off wrapped it and no way cud i get them to sit right so took whole vent out, fitted cover then pushed in as one unit. even getting the vents out were a pain because of the clips :wall:

What's the plan for the rear seats? As far as I understand it the Ibiza & Polo seats of the same platform will all just click in with minimal tools.... so you could source some cheap "dark" seats from any old scrapper to keep in with the now black fronts...

You could also then sell the vRS set in it's full to another Fabia owner.

stripped all seats out today and gave carpet good clean, fitted the tt seats, new double din headunit, wired up the footwell leds to the doors. so they come on together, then rain started, calipers tomorrow hopefully,

pics to follow :)

got the pics uloaded,not great cuz they from mobile but oh well.

first thing i stripped interior so i could give it a good clean before new seats go in.

IMG_20120505_100557.jpg

the tt seats may have same runner system but wouldnt sit flush because of a peg, so got the hacksaw out and hacked away :)

IMG_20120505_095214.jpg - thats the peg (before)

IMG_20120505_095738.jpg - (after)

the bolt hole for the front of the runner is slighty raised so using some pliers and big hammer i made it flat!!!

IMG_20120505_095236.jpg - (raised part)

test fitted the seats and the plates i made then fitted passenger side, i have covered the both plates with carpet so you cant see them

IMG_20120505_114836.jpg

first seat in then the rain started :( so took lil break

IMG_20120505_114846.jpg

after the rain fitted drivers side seat, both done finally!!

IMG_20120505_201054.jpg

after seats were done got to fitting the double din player,

IMG_20120505_201139.jpg

showing the motorised screen off!! lol

IMG_20120505_201353.jpg

forgot how annoying it was trying to hide all the wires with a double din player ( space=none) ran the usb and ipod leads through the glovebox and ipod hides under the little try so still looks like empty glovebox :) ( can control ipod from hu finally)

IMG_20120505_201249.jpg

last job of the day was fitting footwell lighting, passenger side was so easy, drivers side was abit of a nightmare finding the wires to get them working with the door lights. not dark yet but can kinda tell

IMG_20120505_201117.jpg

few more pics of the seats :) feel so much better than the normal vrs ones

IMG_20120505_201446.jpg

IMG_20120505_201504.jpg

and thats it !!

sorry for so many pics :rock:

• Like 1

thanks, tested a dvd in the headunit last night to find out it wouldnt work for "safety" reasons in the front so moved the wire from headunit to handbrake straight to a earth so now i can watch movies in the front :rock: result

stripped down the brakes today and changed colour from vrs green to a smooth blue, pics to follow,

just need to sort rear seats now to match the front

any ideas?

leather retrim rears?

black cloth from fab/ibiza/polo?

anyone know if leon cupra r rears would fit?