30th Jan to 1st May, how many weeks is that?

Cos just got her back, I make it 13 weeks btw, quite a reckord I reckon.

Thoughts please?

PS

Peter at Skoda UK was more than good throughout.

But dare I mention that when I collected the car yesterday evening.

(i) Fuel Needle bouncing off the empty

(ii) Neither washed nor left alone, despite being told the car was "valeted"

(iii) Wheel nut trims discoloured (white?) and missing

(iv) Trim & electrical connector hanging down in the drivers footwell.

(v) All 4 electric windows "blipped" down to 1/2 mast as I turned in the lane end, with NO buttons being pushed.

So only one Skoda dealer now left for me to try in Northern Ireland.

Fingers crossed

Will i ever have another Skoda????

PS

The only positive and it is a big one is for the first time in 13 weeks I seen the right side o 50mpg.

On that note I wont be buying a Vauxhall anytime soon either.

Beggars belief really. Surely a post work / pre handover inspection is not a lot to ask for. What was the fault finally resolved to be?

I dont yet know what the underlying cause was.

I strongly supsect a software/firmeware/mechanical interface glitch.

Anyway after 2 brand new mechatronic units plus 1 clutch pack they finally admitted defeat and fitted an entire gearbox installation.

Computer then finally said "yes".

Apparently.

I have requested a technical explanation, in writing, as to the cause of the problem.

As I said all dealt with in a most professional manner, at least in respect of Peter at skoda UK.

I also strongly suspect that some engineers/software engineers were beavering away in the background since this same fault exhibited across other VW group vehicles with the 1.6 diesel/dry 7 speed DSG installation.

Per info I gleaned offen other forums.

I actually like the Car.

And am still pleased with my prolonged carefully mulled over decision to purchase this VW technology.

A bit difficult to be sure after 3 months absence, but I get the impression the new gearbox installation behaves more like a traditional torque convertor at low revs.

That is to say when Drive is engaged, the car will start to creep once ones foot is removed from the brake, on essentially flat ground leastwise, a few revs being necessary to overcome any gradient (as would be expected)

I would hope this does not mean that the clutch pack is burned out after 50 or 60 thousand miles but fingers crossed, trust VW engineers to have that sorted.

That said I cannot understand why an extended warrenty will not cover the clutch pack in a DSG installation since it is immune from driver abuse.

Computer says NO!(kinda)

btw as far as I am aware for VW group to be allowed to continue to sell DSG equipped vehicles in North America they had to warrent the installation for 8 years or 200,000 miles, on the basis that any reasonable standard of design and manufacturing should be good for this period, barring neglect, misuse or damage.

Cheers

M

PS

Mostly multiple short (ish) local runs yesterday, 55.5 mpg, and an absolute pleasure to Drive.

I think I actually like the Car!!!!

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder and all that

Edited by dieseldogg

57.57 MPG (corrected figs) over 29 miles through the town and stopping at 3 sites, at 60MPh on the open road and passing slower vehicles as appropriate.

Joy o joy

I bes a proper happy bunny!