roomster remap

any one had their roomster 1.9 tdi remapped? if yes what company would you recommend? what are the gains in mpg for an economy remap? any advice appreciated?

Edited by martinw2000

Sure have. Had my Scout mapped by Shark.

Bum dyno reckons its running around 150bhp now, feels faster than my fabia did standard.

No noticeable drop in mpg unless on a spirited journey. Much smoother to drive and oodles of punch mid range.

The PD105 always felt a bit strangled before the map. I've also fitted a K&N filter and a PD160 intake.

• 4 years later...

I was getting av 50mpg, I'm now getting around 55mpg - I think that's because the PD160 makes me drive differently, there is less of a sensation of torque when driving (it seems to waft now??) and when backing off the throttle there's less engine braking so I'm finding myself a gear higher in most places and coasting more than before. 

Hi Blackbird and Johnnie5, where did you guys source your PD160 intake?

Have googled it, Darkside Developments near me at Barnsley are quoting £120, which sounds a ridiculous amount for a plastic pipe and (presumably) some clips?

Darkside did my re-map BTW, car is 1.9tdi PD.   As of now, it doesn't like trundling in a high gear at and around tickover, gets very juddery; whereas my Common Rail work Peugeot 1.6hdi van is perfectly at ease pulling gently and smoothly away from tickover on a flat road.  So you think a PD160 intake might improve the idle and pull-away in a high gear situation??

Richard

Hi Blackbird and Johnnie5, where did you guys source your PD160 intake?

Have googled it, Darkside Developments near me at Barnsley are quoting £120, which sounds a ridiculous amount for a plastic pipe and (presumably) some clips?

Hi Richard,

I seem to remember picking mine up from the classifieds on here.

I've had it years to be honest. Some time ago SEAT allegedly cottoned on to the popularity of this mod and ramped the price up considerably.

I'm sure they used to be about £40 new.