Columbus flicker

My Columbus screen is intermittently flickering and it seems to be getting more regular than intermittent. It's pretty distracting especially in the dark so I'm tending to turn display off which defeats the object!! It's all fine apart from that ans nothing to do with firmware as I recently upgraded.

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? I'm thinking faulty backlight and bit worried its going to blow completely. Is it easily replaced if so??

Any advice gratefully received

Thanks

Adam

it will probably be the screen inverter starting to fail. Assuming your car is 2008 and the columbus is not retrofit, then it uses CCFL backlighting with inverter. You can get compatible replacement screens but in this case I think it will be the inverter.

hi mannny

how are you getting on with the A8,i have always like them but worry about the cost of maintenance nearly bought a 3 lit diesel before i bought my present car.

bill

Thanks mannyo, it is an 08 car and is the original unit supplied with car. The inverter sounds right, is it a serviceable part??