Maxidot service indicator showing '---'

I had a first variable service done three weeks ago and have since covered about 500 miles. I have regularly being looking at the service indicator on Maxidot but it is still showing

'Service in --- miles or --- days'

With this being my first service I don't know what to expect - should the indicator be showing more meaningful information by now or does it take a lot longer for the electronics to work out the numbers?

If the reset is like when I had my car from new it will take a few weeks while the system works out your style of driving/use etc before it puts any data in. I've switched mine to fixed interval and it now just counts down on miles and days.

its normal when set to variable, after a service the car takes a while to recalculate the starting figure. Depending on how many miles you do, this can take a day or two or even a couple of weeks.

How do you get the maxidot to show when the service is due?

Thanks

Mike

hold one of buttons at end of wiper stalk whilst key in on position and stationary and I think its the last option after MFD / Audio / Navigation / Setup etc.... I am sure its down as "Vehicle Status" or something similar fairly obvious once in there.

I had a similar thread a while ago when I first got mine too I was aware that on variable it can take some time before it establishes itself to start reading out how long and took it on face value that it would come ...... (mine didn't) Dealer told me on hand over its on fixed blah blah blah stopped him in tracks said I want variable why have you changed it?? He said it comes like that and its SUK policy offered to take a walk and read of codes in boot but he declined and agreed to change it back brought a monkey out who plugged a laptop in and said after a few minutes it was done....... I left drove away and then found a week or so later it was on fixed definitely. Called MOTORLINE SKODA DARTFORD and it was remembered that whole thing about fixed being hcanged back to variable said will go ask technician whats happened and what to do and call me straight back ....... thats OVER A YEAR now and no call back they had my number there and then and also from ordering car and entire collection process etc worked fine then...

Went to my local Dutch Dealers and they sorted it and called MOTORLINE SKODA DARTFORD "thieves" for changing it to fixed and that they had seen UK cars supplied from them coming in at 12 months old with service due coming up and long life oil in them and that it was a waste of owners time and money.

This is what mine looked like with 615 miles on the car just after local dealers changed it back to variable.

img20110504132923.jpg

Maybe on FL models, but my Octavias are both pre-FL, and I can't find anything remotely like this on mine

Mike

might be a retrofit thing wonder if there is some extra coding needed for this to be shown?

Procedure in my preFL VRS with maxidot:

1. Turn on ignition

2. Fasten seat belt to get rid of seat belt message

3 Turn off ignition

4 Press and hold down mileage trip reset button

Mileage and number of days to next service will appear.

Trip mileage is not reset doing this.

Hope this helps!

(I think I originally saw this on Briskoda 2 or 3 years ago)

Alan

They come from factory set to QG1 (variable) as standard.

Yes they do, and my handbook and chassis number plate both carried the code for Variable servicing. However, when I picked up my brand new Fl Octavia, I found it was set to Fixed.

I reckon unscupulous UK dealers are changing them to Fixed during the initial prep period, so that they can see customers coming back for servicings at about twice the rate they should do.

We leave them set to factory but sales do ask the customer if they want it changing, and we do get customers wanting them on fixed or QG2 depending on there circumstances.