Fabia 3 2008 Dance Radio with Maxidot Information Problem?

Folks,

Just got a 2008 Fabia 3 with the Dance radio and maxidot which does not, as the handbook says it should and also clearly illustrates, present radio data as a standard feature.

Dealer suggested disconnecting (and reconnecting!) the battery and then suggested it was a translation error from Czech - is actually not available and shouldn't be mentioned in the handbook at all!!

Anybody any info to support either of these suggestions?

Other than that little niggle, very happy with the car.

Thanks.

Edited by Platz

This is from the octy so might not work. Press and hold the up key on the right indicator stalk, which accesses the maxidot menu, then on this menu select audio and enter it by pressing the bottom button under the stalk, normally used for reset. You should now have the audio displayed.

The display does not show trip computer and radio data at the same time, its either one or the other. To switch between them see post number 2.

It does not show any extra info, so on both the Skodas I had with Maxidot I never really used it.

Thanks for replies guys - sadly didnt work.

The only menu choices that come up are MFD/VEH. STATUS/LANGUAGE/DISPLAY OFF which is all the handbook shows it should display. All the illustrations in the handbook show it giving radio info in the upper sector of the maxidot with trip info in the middle and outside temp in the lower. Maybe the upper section is simply not working??

FIXED IT!!!

Got a steer from another Maxidot thread - Pulled the radio fuse out left it for 15 mins and put it back in - Bingo display now works. Radio reverted back to a strange bunch of pre-sets mind you but a small price to pay, wonder if it will stay working now??!

Thanks for all your interest, really appreciated. Translation error - yea right, thank you Mr main dealer.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi,

can you please tell me which fuse was pulled. I looked at manual appears to be 19. removed this fuse but radio still working

does the radio go off when this fuse is pulled?

TIA

• 1 month later...