Rob's 2004 Octavia vRS

RobClubley

• 2 weeks later...

Dashcam failed after one day!! Awaiting a replacement, should be with me soon.

Dropped the car off for its Warrant of Fitness today and decided to get the brake fluid changed and new rear discs and pads fitted. The originals from 2004 are getting a bit low. Still legal but I have the parts, might as well get the new ones fitted!

Also on the way there it started playing engine revs through the speakers - must have dislodged an earth wire or something when I fitted the dash cam. Doh!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gave the car a wash and polish, and found this:

10995763_10153055462665977_5979141806750

There are at least a hundred chips all along the bottom sill, front of rear wheel arch, rear door, front door, front wing, bonnet and roof. Going to talk to my insurance company today then get a couple of quotes.

I'm assuming in one of the three times I used it in the last two weeks someone has cut the grass verge next to it using a strimmer. It's pretty dry here and the grass is scrappy so soil and rocks are showing through.

The 6ft rule Rob! Looks fine from here too ;)

Isn't it worth just going direct to some paint shops for quotes, rather than via insurance?

I reckon to sort all of them properly means a respray of two doors, wing, bonnet and maybe roof. Passenger door already needs some attention as the lacquer is damaged from removing Cannonball vinyl last year and also a bodged previous repair now shows through.

I'll get them to quote for a proper quality job, see what happens. Talked to insurance just now and it would be covered, $300 excess and no claims unaffected (I have about 18 years no claim history).

Will take it to them this evening and see what they quote :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If all those were outside the car Rob, I'd be a bit more worried ;)

Particularly like the 'Apex Everything' and the Tuna one! More eBay finds?

• Like 1

Rob having seen Furbytoms recent video showing his stock exhaust running (it for a comparison with his Performance exhaust that arrives shortly), it got me thinking, why don't you post a video up of your car in it's current condition it would to hear it. Or have you done this already?