Treasure Hunt Invite 27 July- Southern Skodas?

ScoobyJen

Hello all

Just a quick thread to invite you all to this truely excellent event - our "First Annual Southern Treasure Hunt" staged by the Hants Scooby crew for any that fancy coming along...

On some of the best roads in Hampshire we can promise you long sweeping bends, tight twisies, picturesque (however you spell it) villages to rumble through, fantastic countryside and a typical country pub with a large field for us when we finish What more could you want?

...ahh, yes - a bit of friendly competition! The treasure hunt will start at Tesco's car park conviently placed at Junction 9 of the M3 opposite a Shell station. Arrive at 10/10.15 and be given your route instructions, starting times from 10.30 onwards at invterval's of 2 minutes. The finish point will be at a lovely pub just to the north west of Petersfield (so not to far for you guys in the Counties to the east of Hampshire ) where prizes will be given and lunch can be obtained (*proper* "home" cooked food)

The clues won't be too difficult - none of this sitting in the start car park for 2 hours trying to figure which exit on the first roundabout to take ;) , but they will be a bit challenging and if you miss some you'll miss out on some great stopping points and roads. The hunts for the clues will come off the main route in loops, so you'll have a chance for a blast along before turning off briefly (onto more excellent roads) to discover answers - co-drivers will have to keep their eyes open though.

There'll be a small list of scavenger items and a map pack to help you out if you get lost (-10 points for every map opened though), I'll be along the route filming at some point and the mobile will be on with my large OS map by my side to guide you to saftey if you end up in Portsmouth ...

I'm going to get some prizes - so a donation of about

Jen,

PLEASE be nice to us in all those super dooper scoobs, Ive still only got 150 brake & Jons is only a 1.4.

Perhaps I should bring Wendys Diesel Octy to keep the Landrover company !!

Stuart

Jen,

Still thinking ?????????????????????????

Can you please e-mail me the pub location, driving round the outskirts of Petersfield trying to find a car park full of Scoobs & Skodas may be harder than the treasure hunt.

Ive met the Southern Scoob gang before & they are really nice people & dont bite so come on, someone else must fancy a beer in a nice friendly pub with "really" nice people

I really really REALLY like the idea of this, but I'm attending a little event back up in Leicestershire this weekend. My cuz's kiddie is being christened, so I'm going Friday to Monday to make maximum use of time for alcohol consumption. :dtp:

Wonder if a mini-treasure hunt could be incorporated into the September meet? hmm, maybe not, we'll be too busy keeping our eyes on the roads I reckon.

Thanks to those of you who made it - it was a great success and apologies again to TaviaRS for only having Scooby prizes ;) Judging by the feedback, it definitely looks like it was well received and another one will be on the cards for the future that's hopefully bigger, better and a bit more difficult! :):D:D