Switch from fixed to variable service intervals?

markmoran87

Hi,

I've just had a service done on my Skoda SuperbII. I was previously on Fixed service intervals (every 10,000 miles) however I asked them to switch over to variable which they did the variable service but if I look in the Service info in the MaxiDot it says service due in 10,000 miles so they must have not switched it over in the MaxiDot.

My question is, could anyone please tell me how to switch over using VCDS? I have access to VCDS however I can't figure out how to do it.

I found something to enable ESI but that made no difference. Also I tried the ESI reset but no luck.

Thanks

Mark

Just got a bit further, I found out that I need to set the ESI Oil Quality to "Good Oil Quality" however it only let's me do this if I set "Status ESI or SID" to "Off". If its on and I set the Oil Quality to "Good Oil Quality" it just sets itself back to "Poor Oil Quality".

Obviously if I set the Status to off I can't see the service interval menu on the MaxiDot though.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

Look in your service book on the sticker in the front of the book there will be a list of PR codes, if you find the "QG" code & it says QG0 you will not be able to set flexible intervals as the car is not fitted with the relevant equipment levels to support it.

If QG1 or QG2 are listed, VCDS should be able to adapt to flexible servicing

Thanks for the info! I have just checked my log book and it says "QG1" so should be ok. I have managed to get the variable service display in the maxi dot now though which says miles to service "---" days to service "---". I have done a weeks worth of driving now and one long journey which makes about 500miles in total but it still shows "---", how many mile do I need to do before it can calculate it?

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know it's a bit old, but I put the QG2 code into one of these code reader websites. According to that QG2 cars can't extend service interval or change to variable servicing.