Christmas update!

jonnynewns

i got fk highsports on mine and even the slammed hight im at the ride is better than my worn OEM shocks. not crashy smooth ride. Do it!! will looks the tittys slammed on its batty!

i got fk highsports on mine and even the slammed hight im at the ride is better than my worn OEM shocks. not crashy smooth ride. Do it!! will looks the tittys slammed on its batty!

From my calculations( i was pants at maths at school ) if i drop it about 30/40mm it should be right on the spot for the back. So will find out at the weekend when I fit new springs hopefully they work and don't end up in the for sale thread.:)

Spent the day tinkering and sorting things out on the car. Finally wired in my rear tweeters and set them all up. Also fitted the jom springs. They are no different from the ones i currently have. So back to the drawing board.

Finally fitted the wheels and noticed that the hub centric bit of my spacers had a gap. Had a look and it came off in my hand!bu4epuja.jpg

Though I'd just drive it to see how important they are. Wow knocking noise to the hills! Time to email the people i got these off get a refund and buy some new ones.

Spent the day tinkering and sorting things out on the car. Finally wired in my rear tweeters and set them all up. Also fitted the jom springs. They are no different from the ones i currently have. So back to the drawing board.

Finally fitted the wheels and noticed that the hub centric bit of my spacers had a gap. Had a look and it came off in my hand!bu4epuja.jpg

Though I'd just drive it to see how important they are. Wow knocking noise to the hills! Time to email the people i got these off get a refund and buy some new ones.

they look like creation motorsport ones like had. And same happened to mine. do not drive with the centre spigot not on as you will get all sorts of issues..

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well as its christmas time I though I'd update this. It hasn't died an aweful death just things been tight and I've been doing cheap mods. Made an amp rack for the boot just needs carpeting.

IMG_1804.jpg

Installed heated washer jets for the winter months, while testing I left the ignition on a bit to long. luckily had a dry cell battery sat around the garage to give me a jump start..

IMG_1838.jpg

Got a shed load of stickers for christmas from touge automative which is cool. so will be adding some to the car when it isn't raining also had an arch roller as well. First attempt isn't bad will need more rolling but now means I can drop the car another inch on the rear..

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

Hope everyone had a nice christmas!

• Like 1

oooh i have 1 of these! Scary as fk first time i used it to roll my arches.. as usual, cars looking mean buddy.

keep up the good work.

Yeah I must admit much more fun doing it yourself. Rolled them a bit to much but nothing a lump hammer can't sort out.:)

Looks good with the arches pulled out a bit. Wheels sit much better.

Cheers.

Now I have tuckage! Its as low as the suspension will go so without going bags this is what I got! 18's would have been nice but prefer the low slung look.

ra4u2u9u.jpg

Just a quick question, I have Plasti dip alloys and they are a pig to keep clean. What do you use / do to keep it clean???

p.s. You've done a very good jobby the way!

Just a quick question, I have Plasti dip alloys and they are a pig to keep clean. What do you use / do to keep it clean???

p.s. You've done a very good jobby the way!

Hi when I do clean it which is rarely I use a muc off mit( the blue side ) and car wash. Don't trust using a jet wash tbh!

Cool, just for your info I sometimes use tyre black spray from pound land. Keeps it black rather than going a dull grey colour. You might need a lot though to do a hole car tho ;)

Cool, just for your info I sometimes use tyre black spray from pound land. Keeps it black rather than going a dull grey colour. You might need a lot though to do a hole car tho ;)

Ah brilliant its started to go dull in places. Going to be re doing it in a few months either matte black or white. Can't decide!

Ooohhh white sounds nice, with the car already having a solid couple of layers of black as a under coat would you be able to add the white straight on top with say jus 2 or so layers??? If so I might even do my wheel again as 1, I'm abit bored and 2, everyone thinks they are dirty gloss wheels all the time and I'm fed up with explaining!

I think I will still need to get enough to 6 coats as I don't know how well white would cover black. Yep the joys of plastidip you can change the colour when ever you want! That is the only down side I've found everyone thinks its a calk board.:/

Maybe a silly question but i will ask anyway, If you do end up putting a gud 5/6 layers on could there be problems from having such a build up?? I know it might not affect general car panels but if I did that to my wheels the first thing which pop's to mind is the balancing of the wheel being thrown out! I just don't wont to waist painting it then having to peel it all off and do it again!! :think: