Christmas update!

jonnynewns

Think your cars mpg calculator is fubard buddy. Would be great to see that consumption though. I am down to 230 miles per tank with these fuel prices.

Great thread though buddy looking good.

Think your cars mpg calculator is fubard buddy. Would be great to see that consumption though. I am down to 230 miles per tank with these fuel prices.

Great thread though buddy looking good.

Yeah I know just made me laugh how out of whack it is, the how many mile in the tank one is almost always wrong as well. I do 120 miles a week and thats just about half a tank so would be on par with the 230 from a tank you get! The joys of owning a tuned car.

Hi Jonny,

Car looking good pal! And now running some nice power! Love it.

Iv just ordered a BAM rail with injectors and a 4 bar regulator!

Was this an easy job to swap from the standard rail etc?

Cheers Craig

Where did you get the plastidip from.

I ordered it from the plastidip website for the UK as you can't ship paint very easierly

Hi Jonny,

Car looking good pal! And now running some nice power! Love it.

Iv just ordered a BAM rail with injectors and a 4 bar regulator!

Was this an easy job to swap from the standard rail etc?

Cheers Craig

Pm'd

Full polybush kit arrived this morning just waiting on top mounts and I will be sorting that over the weekend if the weather holds out! Ordered adjustable drop links so they should arrive soon as well and can finally fit my arb on the front.:)

9ezuta8y.jpg

Full polybush kit arrived this morning just waiting on top mounts and I will be sorting that over the weekend if the weather holds out! Ordered adjustable drop links so they should arrive soon as well and can finally fit my arb on the front.:)

9ezuta8y.jpg

So after 2 days of messing around with the rear axle I have decided that its bent! I was following Bowders1 guide on doing the rear bushes and the right side bush mount just wouldn't drop out of the chassis mount I had to get a breaker bar to put enough force behind it to pop it out. I had to remove the other side to be able to drop the right side down enough to get new bush in. by this time I was pretty peeved! After getting the new bushes in with no issues I went to re install the axle. left side went in fine, right side just wouldnt go in what so ever after a day of hammers and swearing I undid the mounts on the chassis to get it the axle back in. The mount has moved about 3 cm sideways and 2 cm back. So its off to my local garage on monday for them to look at but it sounds like a bent axle to me!

So after 2 days of messing around with the rear axle I have decided that its bent! I was following Bowders1 guide on doing the rear bushes and the right side bush mount just wouldn't drop out of the chassis mount I had to get a breaker bar to put enough force behind it to pop it out. I had to remove the other side to be able to drop the right side down enough to get new bush in. by this time I was pretty peeved! After getting the new bushes in with no issues I went to re install the axle. left side went in fine, right side just wouldnt go in what so ever after a day of hammers and swearing I undid the mounts on the chassis to get it the axle back in. The mount has moved about 3 cm sideways and 2 cm back. So its off to my local garage on monday for them to look at but it sounds like a bent axle to me!

Oops, I've got a spare axle here if you need it mate, just taken off mine I'm breaking

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a week of F&£k ups and mishaps! Where to start... Found out the reason to my very bouncy and unsafe coil overs.... low tire pressures and I mean low like 12psi on the back. I basically have a puncher, but with everything that's happend to the car in the past month or so I can be excused for not noticing! no bent axle which is good, hangers both needed un bolting in the end school boy error. Never do things after 6 night shifts.

New clutch is still waiting to go on as I have to get a DMF as the one I have got on it isn't any where near useful so got to add that to the shopping list. managed to procure a set of adjustable drop links.

Massive update my freaking wheel bolts are arriving tomorrow after a lot of hassle with sourcing ones and such so going to get the wheels finally put on as soon as I get the bolts. :rofl:

washed the car, lazy people should really use plastidip. Used to hate washing the car and getting water marks as it drys even with a proper towel. :wall: took all of about 6 minutes no detailing required and it drys with no water marks....

th_IMG_1627.jpg

Yes that really is a video of water drying :think:

I've also managed to get the weekend for the tunnel meet that Gee has organised so should be good. :rock:

Race lands I had on mine went superlow

Yeah I'm not wanting to get rid of my some what expensive weitec coilover, managed to find a set of jom springs for the rears. The profile on the tyres atm is 40 which is too low giving to much atch gap. So might go up to 50 just to balance it all out.

Yeah I'm not wanting to get rid of my some what expensive weitec coilover, managed to find a set of jom springs for the rears. The profile on the tyres atm is 40 which is too low giving to much atch gap. So might go up to 50 just to balance it all out.

Gonna say as on my weitecs if they were all the way down with adjusters in at the rear the tyre was on the arch,