Stutter on cold start

Evening All

My 170 superb estate has recently developed a cold start stutter. But like a misfire.

I have done 42k and 40 of those on a shark performance stage 1.

Any clues as to what this might be and wether or not it's something I should be asking the dealer to look into under warranty or if it's something that is related to my map.

Don't want to get stung at the dealers if they turn round and say its my fault and have to pay dealer prices and diagnostics if it's likely to be related to the map and I just take it to a cheaper third party.

But if it is warranty, obviously want to get it sorted for free ;)

Thoughts?

I personally would not have thought it was the map (as the map is just code and would not alter) but more likely to be elsewhere.

I know its not the map itself, but don't want the dealer to "blame" it and me be lumped with a great big dealer bill ;)

Especially if I'm trying to get it sorted under warranty. If it was injectors for example, would they be likely to say they wouldn't replace under warranty cause it is mapped.....

If your map is not on of those "extra boxes" the I thought that they would not know it was there.

Other than that my first port of call would be the temperature sensor that regulates the could start. See if you can get hold of Techie, he is very good at these things as are many others on here. Give it a couple of days for the answers.

A failed glow plug might cause this, if one cylinder has no help and the others do? Even if you don't wait for the glow plug light since the weather is warmish, they are used in post heat, that is for a few seconds after the engine is started.

It may be the fuel not the motor. Buy Startron and after 30 min. you should get a positive result. Startron is made of enzymes that break down large fuel clusters into smaller much more combustible fragments. Even an old motor gets a new life.