Shake, rattle n roll

Ok is it just me or is the fabia particularly prone to rattle and I mean a lot! The other morning it was cold and I was off to work (on some very rough roads) and my god the creaks the moans and rattles inside the car was phenomenal. I had to turn the radio right up as it sounded like my car was shaking to bits. I mean, yes! I know I have the lowering spring kit on it but wow! The groans yhe dash made were unbearable. Once it was warmed up (interior temperature) they slowly got less and less noisy. Maybe these roads are just in bad condition, but my BMW did not rattle once on any road surface! Share your thoughts.....

Edited by Wilko251088

I have had rattles with both my Skodas, they are like part and parcel with Skodas I think haha..... I have found where some of them come from (one is the panel where the end of the dash meets the door, this is especially bad when cold) Other than that there is always some rattles and squeaks and bumps (front suspension bushes are a common squeak when going over speed bumps). Its just a case of listening and finding each one to solve them :)

I would of expected it on my 2006 fabia vrs but not this new one, I don't want to have to start rammin foam behind panels to solve rattles :-/ sometimes makes me wish i stuck with BMW

Edited by Wilko251088

I have rattles coming from here and there to. One comes from around the steering column, and within a minute of driving off the forecourt it made itself heard. The only way to stop it is to press my fingers against it, which I obviously can't do all the time. Not good for a new car

You've got a warranty for a reason!

I did have a rattle fixed last service but within 500 miles it's back. I'll mention it again next service but i'm not convinced they will be able to do anything. the hard plastics in the Skoda coupled with our plough tracks we call roads just don't mix I reckon. The person at the dealership didn't even seem too convinced it would last. :(

my little old 12cc 2008 sport is 4.5 years old and no rattles at all, only car i have ever owned that seems to have no rattles

2009 Fabia 2 and 2011 Fabia SE no rattles at all.

Maybe 15" wheels and standard suspension is the limit of the interior build, most vRS owners with 17" wheels and sports suspension seem to be having issues.

Cheers

Lee

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 1

I'm taking my car to the garage tomorrow to have my drivers window looked at, so I'll mention it to them then, see what they say. I agree with RobL, probably just the interior not being able to cope with rubbish roads and firm suspension

Mines lowered and I am very fussy about rattles etc. Never had any problems with this. I did have a squeak in the drivers passengers area but that's vanished now. Overall pretty impressed.

I have had lots of cars and all develop rattles at some point, I had a new 520D (60 reg) this had a rattle in the roof console, where lights are and all the letters on the door sill strips fell out! This was fixed under warranty.

Fabia has a rattle inside the driver door, and the clocks in the dash squeak as you drive, at first service the dash was sprayed with WD40 and door card was removed and the rattle fixed (Dash was a crap fix as it made the clocks messy and they still squeak)

I have found increasing the radio volume fixes most of the rattles and squeaks.....

mine rattles when cold think its the dash but then again its less than half the price of a BMW so i cannot expect it to match it for build quality.

Edited by seagull