engine cover bungs

What's the symptoms, if any, if having the front rubber grommet or bung missing on a mk 2 Octy vrs tfsi? I can see three in total one at the front close to the air intake, and two at the rear of the cover. The garage thinks the front one might be

missing....

I had one that was displaced and the cover made a rattling noise as it vibrated. Fortunately, it was easy to replace it in the right position and it has not caused any bother since. Not sure about the slack mechanic who didn't place it correctly - guess he's still causing bother!

What's the symptoms, if any, if having the front rubber grommet or bung missing on a mk 2 Octy vrs tfsi? I can see three in total one at the front close to the air intake, and two at the rear of the cover. The garage thinks the front one might be

missing....

if one is missing or not seated in the box you may be down on power due to the engine sucking in warm air from the engine bay. The only way to find out is to remove the engine cover/airbox and have a look. One of my bungs was split so not sitting in the hole, a new one was only 85p.