Ryan's Black Magic MK1 vRS

ryanwalters

I took delivery of my vRS a little over three weeks ago now. I fancied one to upgrade from my Fiesta, which over the three years of ownership proved quite unreliable, but still absoloutely loved her and still do. Read many reviews and not really heard anything bad about the Fabia.

This is my Fiesta, after a few subtle modifications, this is how she looked:

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

She is close to 106,000 miles now, and after looking for a Fabia for a few months, this popped up locally. 69k with a FSH inc belts and in a fairly good condtion.

How I bought it:

IMAG0646.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

Already made a few minor changes:

Fabia badge removed:

IMAG0685.jpg

Aero Wipers (Garage seemed to think split wipers that didn't clear the windscreen are acceptable):

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

MK4 Golf armrest:

IMAG0701.jpg

Also fitted the Auxillary adapter, nice to have the ability to play my iPod in the car!

So, she got put up to the test last weekend. A 380 mile drive to Kent, got 20 miles from the Hotel and the car lost power and was rattling. Called out the AA and he played around with the pipes from the turbo and all was good again.

IMAG0694.jpg

It also done the same on the way back home, left it for an hour and I was fine. So I'm struggling to grasp a liking to the Fabia at the moment, hopefully it can change my mind.

Plans:

Standard Wheels, not keen on the ones fitted now.

Possibly lower. Would love coilovers but I love how smooth it is standard!

Spray Grille Black.

Pop out cup holder.

Tint the headlights and the white bits on the rears.

Paint work, needs the bonnet and bumper painted and the tailgate at some point.

Other than that, i'll leave it as it is.

I had an Armster in the Fiesta, and was lost with out it on a long drive. Picked it up from a local scrappies for £20, its almost like new.

Thanks, just need my touch to it haha. Need to get it on the ramp and have a look, see if we can find anything as the garage I bought it from seem pretty useless.

Replaced the ashtray with the coin/cupholder as I was lacking a cupholder since fitting the armrest. Cost me a grand total of £5.47 from TPS.

Cupholder fitted:

IMAG0703.jpg

Haven't had the chance to try it yet, but it's got to be more use than an ashtray!

Part number for the cupholder is: 6Y0 863 267

Bought some standard wheels at the weekend, they have a bit of corrosion so going to get them refurbished in a light grey. Probably won't be for a couple of week though.

Thanks Dan

What colour did you go for in the end?

Yeah I know, loads have popped up lately.

It's a red one mate. I love the black but couldn't face another black car as they look dirty all the time! Really glad to be back in red just like my first ZS :)

I'll get some pics up later on.

i was looking into getting stuff from TPs, do you have to be in the trade to get the parts? im do all the work on my car but i aint no mechanic?

• 2 weeks later...

With the nice weather I decided to give the standard wheels a clean up. They had some very stubborn brake dust stuck to them. The method I used was: Washed with Megs wheel cleaner, Tar removed, clayed, polished with SRP then a few coats of Poorboys Wheel sealant to keep that brake dust away.

Before:

IMAG0727.jpg

IMAG0726.jpg

Tardis working wonders:

IMAG0725.jpg

50/50:

IMAG0729.jpg

Clean:

IMAG0728.jpg

As the Fiesta was sitting unused on the driveway, I swapped the silvertech indicator bulbs over:

Before:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/ryanwalterszetecs/Black%20Magic%20Fabia%20vRS/IMAG0738.jpg

After:

IMAG0737.jpg

Something I've wanted to do since purchasing the car was to spray the grill. Left the spraying to my old man, as his is pretty good with a rattle can:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/ryanwalterszetecs/Black%20Magic%20Fabia%20vRS/IMAG0740.jpg

I was originally wanting to get the wheels refurbished before fitting them but I don't really have the spare money sitting around. Got them fitted on my day off last week, I'm really pleased with them on. Look a lot better than the previous wheels:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/ryanwalterszetecs/Black%20Magic%20Fabia%20vRS/IMAG0742.jpg

Took a trip up to my local Skoda dealership and got some plates made up. The 'Car Deal Center' looked a little low rent IMO and I'm not a fan of GB plates either. Managed to wangle a tax disc holder too:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/ryanwalterszetecs/Black%20Magic%20Fabia%20vRS/IMAG0743.jpg

Thats all for now. Will hopefully get hold of some headlight tinting film and get them some over the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a go at fitting the tint film to the headlights:

IMAG0761.jpg

Looks really stealthy in the pictures but I made an awful job of applying it. It also looked brown in the sunlight, so it was ripped of the same day.

Finally got out with the camera and got some better quallity pictures, im no pro mind:

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

• 2 months later...

Haven't been on here in a while. Since my last update the only thing to have changes is a LCR front splitter. I will get some photos when she is clean.

The garage also sorted the loss of power which turned out to be the MAF sensor, and it's been alright since then. Apart from the boost pipe popping of on the Cumbria Run at the weekend.