Has anyone had there head gasket done

As above really im after a approx price ?

Basically spotted a bit of mayo under my filler cap and been keeping an eye on it and its been getting worst as iv been doing 660 miles on motor way a week.

iv not used any extra oil (normally use between 1and 200 ml of oil per trip ) or water and temp wise just sits at 90 all day long however iv been to 2 different SKODA garages at differnt ends of the country and they have both said the same that my head gasket needs replacing that there should be no mayo under the filler cap what so ever big blue is having a compression test on monday afternoon but ive been told that might not even show anything .

is there any problems with having the gasket done ?

is there anything else i should do at the same time ?

do i need to change anything while engine is in bits ?

and how much has it all cost ?

anyhelp is greatly received

rob + big blue

Is yours the petrol tfsi vrs? they do get a mayo type gunk on the filler cap,its nothing to worry about,if your head gasket had gone id expect the oil & water to be mixing,possible overheating,excessive smoke from the exhaust,coolant loss etc. Mine has had the mayo problem for the last 20k ive had it,it only fully went when i did a long drive to ireland in it.

She a petrol tfsi on a 07 plate ive had her a year(almost) when i first got it i never had mayo then over the last month its gone from little specs and now my cap is covered on any type of run

there is no overheating , excessive smoke coolant loss the only tell is the filler cap i carnt afford to wait till it completly goes so the other option is to change it now

im gutted shes warmed up cooled down or the other option is to get rid

The poor damp weather can affect this. I'd wait for the weather to dry up a bit with less moisture in the air and see if it improves.

I recently noticed the same , especially in the tube from the cam cover to the oil filler cap. As i have a full induction kit , plan to remove the plastic tube ( seen posts on how to do this on the gti forums). I think the tube acts as a moisture trap , hence the mayo when the oil fumes reach it ..imo.