Suzuki Jimny as a hire car.

AndyC

Just back from a holiday in Crete and had aforesaid mentioned as a hire car. I asked for a 4x4 and thought at the time it was rather cheap when I booked it. Anyway, what a contrast to the Yeti! Short wheelbase, high centre of gravity and cart spring suspension together with a gutless, noisy engine made for a rather unpleasent ride. It was of indeterminate vintage, having a cassette player (remember them?) and no air con. At least it had the canvas half back and kept the car cool. The back window was completely opaque and had several rips. It didn't feel safe over 50mph and almost felt it would fall over on some of the mountain road.But it got us where we wanted to go. Came home with back ache from the jarring ride.

Can't wait to get back into the Yeti.

Andy

They are great off road though.

Trouble is they are so bouncy and I realise that many of our roads are in poor condition but the little Suzuki simulates an off road ride even while on the tarmac. Okay providing you take a course of 'Sea Legs' prior to departure. :giggle:

I think the Jimnys are HORRIBLE little things. :sick:

As opposed to the Vitaras - http://www.honestjoh...itara-lwb-2005/ - which are near Yeti-equivalents and pretty good in the rough (hired one in Iceland a few years back - very impressive although the diff "reboot" procedure caused an anxious moment after fording a stream at one point :) )...

Edited by Totally Square