Standard mk1 vRS owners in Yorkshire?

NathanF1

Are there any mk1 vRS owners in or around Yorkshire that have standard suspension setups? If so, would you be prepared to meet up somewhere so I could compare mine?

Right now it's like driving a ship, and a very understeer prone ship at that! I'm fairly sure that my suspension is shot, as its really soft and bouncy, but I'd like to compare it against another standard one just to see the difference. But I've also been reading with some dismay, that these cars are not particularly hot in the handling department anyway, which is a real disappointment as I was expecting more from the vRS.

Anyway, if anyone fancies a quick meet up maybe, please drop me a pm etc.

Thanks,

Nath.

I'm in Leeds buddy, I have totally standard suspension too. Mine also feels like a ship a bit floaty like, how many miles has yours done? I've been told that after 40k the dampers are getting to the end of there life really. So was thinking of going for billies and seeing how that is. Let me know if you want to meet up.

Cheers

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Chris,

Took it too them some months ago now and they did indeed diagnose so issues. They fitted 4 new shocks and springs, all standard I'm afraid though. Also had a full set of superpro bushes put on. Oh and 4 new Pilot Sport 3's. Oh and a new head unit.

So I'd have been better off just buying a mk2 in the first place :( But that said, it's like new again now.