slight whistle low revs

hi all, just got a vrs yesterday and a bit worried about a slight whistle it has now and again at low revs.

mainly happens when accelerating gently around town and disappears at load.

sounds a bit like this but not as bad

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aog5kQtGv8k

is it a lemon

by the way it is in addition to the normal noise of the turbo. kind of sounds like wind or someone actually whistling.

Many of us seem to have a whistle at idle which seems normal, mines done that since I got it last year with no problems. Cant say I notice anything once moving but I'll have a listen next time im out in it.

thanks for the reply. it doesn't seem to do it at idle, only every so often when I flick the throttle at low speeds. not a very long sound and my girlfriend struggled to hear it.

maybe its the boost pipes as I have read on here they seem to come loose .

car drives well even when it does its little chirp.

sadly my diagnostics tool got burnt in a fire last month in my old car.

Mine does this too.

Like you most noticeable when driving gently about the town. If accelerating it's most noticable at 1600rpm and then when you lift off it whistles again as the revs drop back down.

I've also had other people in the car who don't notice it but now my ear has tuned into it I hear it every time. I just turn the stereo up!

At low RPM I used to have a slight whistle when I had my PD160 intake fitted now its off I don't seem to get it.

Alot of people do seem to get the whistle tho mate so don't worry about it :)