Do they test mobile firmware updates before releasing them ?

Spudhoolio

HTC One X with Orange/T-Mobile

This has been working sweetly since I got it about a month ago.

HTC firmware update last night and then the WiFi won't switch on, no icon either.

Any way to roll back firmware ?

Sounds like a small incremental update rather than a big one.

Pretty sure they will test first but there can sometimes be problems that a factory restore can resolve.

Most of the time the major releases are tested by developers. They release the SDK's etc and the developers make a rom. People flash them and find any bugs which get reported on the forums. Wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturers used this information to their advantage to fix the problems for the final release.

BTW. Would really love a One X! Will have to stick with the sensation for now though :(

Yeh. Don't think the headphones are of great build quality from what I've seen/heard.

Well if you change your mind... Mine has: 1x Anker 1900mah battery, 1x standard battery, casemate barely there chrome cover, HTC TPU case, HTC meteor slip case, Polished chrome housing, Brand new pristine stock black housing and box with all original accesories (headphones unused) and also ALWAYS used with a screen protector. It's factory unlocked too!

Anyway... I'm off to look at HTC One X's and torment myself...

I doubt the do any blasted testing with the problems I've had with my SGS2 since I "upgraded" its firmware.

1. Bluetooth streaming & Handsfree to car - No streaming until I spent an extra £20 on a new dongle & BlueSoleil 8 software.

2. Gallery/Camera - Freezes or camera will not start as is it keeps saying media scanning!

3. Switching on GPS/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi - Freezes or crashes or just nothing happens at all until I restart the phone.

4. Messaging/Email - Getting told there's a txt or email when there isn't or receiving a txt or email reading it and it still tells me that there's a number of unread messages.

5. Wi-Fi - Random connections & disconnections, when it's a matter of a couple of feet away from a wireless router that it's been "paired" with.

6. Signal - drops phone signal slightly less frequently than a Guildford girl drops her draws on a Friday night on Bridge St. It took 5 attempts to connect with Samsung to report all of the problems.

7. Screen slide switches - regularly don't work.

8. Screens - regularly going black & freezes instead of flicking over to the next or home screen.

Yep, if it ain't broke, don't fix it !

My HTC 1X has calmed down a bit, but there are definately bugs that interact between various wireless and network mode settings.