Ipad2 active mount

I notice in the skoda accessories list there is something called an active ipad2 mount. I assume this is the Nextbase model which can probably be picked up cheaper elsewhere.

The interesting thing is that this mount seems to allow you to connect a USB memory stock to look at photos. Can you also watch movies from a memory stick?

I have yet to come across anything that allows a USB to be directly connected to the iPad but I see no reason why it would not play movies as well, however if you want to play movies on the iPad I recently purchased an additional accessory for the iPad which does not seem to get mentioned anywhere.

The product is a seagate Goflex Satellite drive. It is a 500gb external hard drive which allows me to store my entire library of music and films. Nothing that different BUT this has a few additional benefits! It also has a built in battery and a car charger but more importantly produces its own wifi. There are no issues with the wifi as clearly everybody is well within range ( notionally otherwise 100ft I think).

Therefore if people in the car have various iPods/iPads/iPhones the unit can be plugged into the cigarette lighter and when these units select it (via settings/wifi) up to 8 ( I have tried 3 ) units can be connected at the same time all watching different content streamed direct from the drive. It has the additional benefit that it can download direct to the iPhone etc so that items can be watched and then deleted and the process repeated.

It is also really useful on holiday abroad just plug it in an away you go the whole family can connect and watch their programmes/films. Cost £150 comes with uk mains adapter as well as car unit.

Thought this might be of interest

Modorator (I love a gadget!!!!)